My new car ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Just traded in my now old and tired W203 for something newer. Actually its just one year old a few days ago. Had for a couple of weeks now so had time to adjust to my new toy.
While I loved my old 54 plate W203 - it was a nice colour and had a nice spec which included sunroof, rain sensing wipers, sport pack with 17" wheels and comand. So it was a difficult choice for its replacement.
I am now retired so my requirements are somewhat different to when I was working.
I bit the bullet and decided to go smaller with general motoring economy in mind. So I bought VW Polo R Line. Its got a 7 speed DSG box, touch screen satnav and full LED headlights along with all the usual R Line extras like special wheels, front and rear sensors and body kit. Its "only" got a 3 cylinder 1 litre engine, but its a real corker. Fuel economy is a dream. 50mpg is a normal urban cycle, 60mpg on along run and its rare to be under that, coupled with a VED annual bill of £20 and cheaper insurance, its a no brainer for me now.
So, my MB days are at an end, I will not be posting here any more unless I feel the urge to stick my 4 pennyworth in occasionally.
Sure, I will miss the sunroof and rain sensing wipers, but to be able to fill up once a month for £30 more than compensates. Ciao....................

VTD congratulations on your new car, a fine choice. Any photos yet?

We haven't seen you much for a while, and then you go and say that you're leaving us. Don't do it Dave. Hang around. You know you want to really!

You can still hang around, we all know you’re still a Mercedes fan at heart :cool:

Thanks for the kind word BDaz. My absence caused by being retired and being a doting grandad to my 3 grandaughters. And of course, golf. And I also now do volunteering for the National Trust, mainly at Knole House near Sevenoaks. That prevents my brain from drying up. I may hang around as you mention, the folk here are both friendly and rather nicer than the average rabble one can find on some forums. I have just taken my first photo of the new toy out of my kitchen window (its chucking down), I will take some more when its polished and the sun is shiningRLine01.JPG .

Thanks for the kind word BDaz. My absence caused by being retired and being a doting grandad to my 3 grandaughters. And of course, golf. And I also now do volunteering for the National Trust, mainly at Knole House near Sevenoaks. That prevents my brain from drying up. I may hang around as you mention, the folk here are both friendly and rather nicer than the average rabble one can find on some forums. I have just taken my first photo of the new toy out of my kitchen window (its chucking down), I will take some more when its polished and the sun is shiningView attachment 76454 .
That's a very tidy looking tool VTD. I really like Polo, and in that colour and spec it's particularly handsome.

That's a very tidy looking tool VTD. I really like Polo, and in that colour and spec it's particularly handsome.

I’ll swap you a polo for your ML63? Who says I’m not helpful? :oops::D

BTW I mean Polo as in the mints :)

The only other car that I seriously considered was a nearly new Audi A1. However that was soon dismissed when I drove one. Nothing wrong with it / or them, but it offered nothing over the Polo other than being about £2-3K more on the forecourt price. Decision made ! ! ! ! ! ! !

is it the new generation or previous generation Polo?

Mine is not the latest 2018 version. The 2018 model differs from the 2017 model (mine) by having twin exhaust outlets, restyled rear lights, restyled bonnet line and the biggest update is the fitting of a completely new digital dash. Mine has the normal, older conventional analog dial with a seperate touch screen satnav. There are probably other upgrades that I havent mentioned, but to be honest with you none of this important to me as my car is £20 a year VED whereas new models are £140. Also a new price POLO with my spec is just shy of £23K, whereas mine a year old was nearly £9K less. A big difference for 6500miles.

I prefer the previous Polo .. new Polo has too many lines and is trying too hard to be stylish

Mine is mechanically the same as the latest 2018 model. its got the same 999cc 3 cylinder turbo engine coupled to a 7 speed DSG gearbox. So the performance and economy as the same as the latest model. As I plan to keep it for maybe 10 years plus, being the very "latest" model is totally irrelevant to me. I just wanted a car that will not fall apart in a couple of years and I will still enjoy driving - as I did with my W203.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom