My new cls63 amg- paint correction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Csdrcallum

Car
Cls 63 amg
With all this free time I've spent the last few days doing some paint correction on my newly acquired cls63. It was covered in swirl Mark's and buffer trails from the dealer who I purchased it from attempt on a 'full detail' prior to selling it to me.

I shall try to upload some pictures. They are currently too large to upload

Looks 100 times better now. Next on the list is to release a bit more noise. X pipe and secondary cat delete is on the cards. Any recommendations where to get work done?

PCS is not far from you... not certain if they do exhaust work.

Otherwise take a trip up to MSLP in Brum who are the masters of modifications (c/o Torqueflow Exhausts).

PCS is not far from you... not certain if they do exhaust work.

Otherwise take a trip up to MSLP in Brum who are the masters of modifications (c/o Torqueflow Exhausts).
Not heard of PCS. Do they have a website?

Not heard of PCS! I do not Believe it! Very well thought of Indy in Horndean, not that far from you. Pretty sure they can help you with the info you require, even if it is only recommendation of another company.

Why would you want and spend hard earned to get more noise from your car ?

Why would you want and spend hard earned to get more noise from your car ?
To be fair I dont want to spend that sort of money. Would like to release a bit more 'bark' from the engine so I can be reminded of what I've got even when I'm taking it easier with the missus and kids in the car. It's pretty tame under 3500rpm otherwise.

There's quite a bit of work involved in what you want done.

You are driving a CLS63 AMG and you think that is expensive... that's actually quite a cheap mod in the world of mods I can assure you.

Some of the potential bills (front brake discs for starters) may well make you thankful for a £700 bill.

Your not going to achieve much more sound for less unless you get your hacksaw out!

I did the same mods with a previous W211 E55 and it was worth every penny (I spent out a bag of sand on Kleemann headers too).

You get to enjoy that sound every time you drive it.

You are driving a CLS63 AMG and you think that is expensive... that's actually quite a cheap mod in the world of mods I can assure you.

Some of the potential bills (front brake discs for starters) may well make you thankful for a £700 bill.

Your not going to achieve much more sound for less unless you get your hacksaw out!

I did the same mods with a previous W211 E55 and it was worth every penny (I spent out a bag of sand on Kleemann headers too).

I know its cheap in the world of cls63 mods but materials cost are pretty low and it's not something that would take too long to make. I have a friend with a Mandrel so may mock up a system with him. I like my welding so that way, atleast I'll be able to TIG it myself.

Also.. brake discs are a consumable and need to be done.. a section of exhaust is a luxury so not in the budget of running costs

Also.. brake discs are a consumable and need to be done.. a section of exhaust is a luxury so not in the budget of running costs

True, but isn't a CLS63 a luxury in the first place?

If you can do it yourself though then so much the better.

True, but isn't a CLS63 a luxury in the first place?

If you can do it yourself though then so much the better.
It was my final chance for a long time to have something decent as I've got a baby on the way next week and the wife asked me to get a sensible 4 seater saloon. In hindsight making the exhaust louder might start making her realise it's not as sensible as as I first made out it to be.

Try PCW, they are in Bedford and seem to do the sorts of mods you are looking for (loud exhausts)

It was my final chance for a long time to have something decent as I've got a baby on the way next week and the wife asked me to get a sensible 4 seater saloon. In hindsight making the exhaust louder might start making her realise it's not as sensible as as I first made out it to be.

The mods you are planning probably make it around 20% louder I would say from memory.

Removing the CATS and adding a X pipe will add a depth and burble to the car but it will still sound nearly stock (it's not exactly quiet to start with).

It's when you mess around with the back boxes (i.e. remove wadding / replace with aftermarket), you change into a difference league and need ear plugs.

The mods you are planning probably make it around 20% louder I would say from memory.

Removing the CATS and adding a X pipe will add a depth and burble to the car but it will still sound nearly stock (it's not exactly quiet to start with).

It's when you mess around with the back boxes (i.e. remove wadding / replace with aftermarket), you change into a difference league and need ear plugs.
That's what I'm after. Something with a little more presence on cold start and to catch the eyes of the hotties as I cruise past!😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom