My new daily C124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaunk_22

Car
Mercedes 230CE & Seat Toledo V5
Hi all, This is my first daily Mercedes I've owned. I had a 420 SEC last year but only had it to restore and then sold it on. I picked this up 3 weeks ago, for £650. It seems to be a good enough car so far, with a good history, years mot and 6 months tax. The bodyworks clean, not really got any bad rusty patches only the odd bubble on the osr arch. Interiors clean and worn well, apart from the drivers seat which I was luckily able to replace with another identical, better condition seat thanks to Brigadier. It runs pretty good, has nice and smooth gear changes, and is lowered on bilstein suspension.
IMAG_0255.jpg
IMAG_0258.jpg

Nice car. Do these coupes suffer from the same rear screen delamination/parcel shelf rust that SEC's often do?

trapperjohns right, both are bad for the rear screens, but only the sec is bad for the parcel shelf rusting. From what I've gathered its rusty arches that are the main culprit for these cars, thats why I was glad to see that the guy I bought this one from hadn't stuck those silly chrome arch covers, to hide any rot. Thanks guys, I'm pretty impressed with it. Its certainly a step up from my old toyota carina anyway haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom