My new E220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ady

Car
E 220d Estate
My pride and joy :D

MyMerc.jpg

E220 CDI Elegance Estate,
Auto,
Travertine beige with sand leather twin,
Distronic,
Parktronic,
Memory dynamic seats,
Rear child seats,
Rear sun blinds,
Telephone pre-wiring,
Heated steering wheel,
Airmatic suspension,
Comand DVD,
Luxury climate control,
Bi-xenon active lights,
CD auto-changer,
Dark tint,
Easy-pack tailgate,
Linguatronic,
Easy pack securing kit,
Tyre pressure monitor.

After a break from Mercedes with 2 BMW 5 series I am coming home.
New E 220d Estate on order and will hopefully be delivered around the end of July.
I ticked all the options except the Air Balance Package so should keep me entertained for a while playing with all the toys :) Now searching the web every day for information on all the features.
I will post a new picture when I get it.

I now have it and I'm very pleased.

MercOut.jpg

MercIn.jpg

MercCenter.jpg

02R 17" light alloy wheels - 5-spoke design painted in vanadium silver
05B Owner's Manual and Service Booklet - English
08U Vehicle Setup
12U Concierge Service
14U Smartphone integration package
16U Apple CarPlay
17U Android Auto
233 Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC
235 Active Parking Assist
246 Analogue clock
249 Auto dimming rear-view and driver's exterior mirror
266 Active Steering Assist
270 Aerial for GPS
274 Aerial for telephone
275 Electric drivers seat & exterior mirrors with memory
292 Sidebag
309 Cup holder
30P Storage Package
351 Mercedes-Benz Emergency system
360 Communications module (UMTS) for the use of Mercedes connect me servic
367 Live Traffic Information
413 Panoramic sliding sunroof
428 Steering wheel gearshift buttons
432 Active Multicontour Seat package
436 NECK-PRO Comfort head restraints
448 Touchpad with Controller
461 Instrument cluster with mileage reading
463 Head-up display
464 Widescreen Cockpit
474 Diesel particulate filter
475 Tyre pressure monitoring system
489 AIR BODY CONTROL
500 Exterior mirrors - electrically folding
501 360° camera
503 Pre-installation for Remote Parking Pilot
513 Traffic Sign Assist
531 COMAND Online
537 DAB digital radio
546 Active Speed Limit Assist
551 Anti-theft warning system and immobiliser
55U Headlining fabric macchiato beige
581 Luxury automatic climate control
597 Windscreen, heated
628 Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus
641 LED Intelligent Light System - high-performance headlamps
666 Freight packaging without tie-down hooks
670 Residual engine heat utilisation
725 Polished aluminium roof rails
728 Centre console in black piano-lacquer look
808 Technical modifications (08)
810 Burmester® surround sound system
817 Encapsulation for ATA alarm siren
840 Privacy glass
866 Pre-installation for Entertainment and Comfort
871 HANDS-FREE ACCESS
872 Heated rear seats
876 Interior lighting package
882 Alarm system with immobiliser and interior protection
883 Closing aid for doors
885 Enhanced anti-theft protection
889 KEYLESS-GO
891 Staged Ambient Lighting
896 Pre-installation for Digital car key in smartphone
897 Wireless charging and connection via Bluetooth
902 Seat heating Plus for driver and front passenger seats
906 Armrest heating for driver and front passenger
916 Fuel tank 66 l
927 EU6 emissions standard
942 EASY-PACK load securing kit
968 COC document EU6 without registration certificate part II
989 Identification label under windshield
B51 TIREFIT with tyre inflation compressor
B59 DYNAMIC SELECT switch
H09 Wood trim - dark ash
K32 Active Lane Change Assist
K33 Extended automatic Re-start in Stop & Go traffic
L3C Multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather
P14 AVANTGARDE Interieur
P15 AVANTGARDE Exterieur
P17 KEYLESS-GO Comfort Package
P20 Driving Assistance Plus Package
P35 MULTIBEAM LED
P49 Mirror Package
P54 Anti-theft Protection package
P68 Comfort heating package
PBH Remote Parking package
R Right-hand drive
R01 Summer tyres
U01 Rear seat belt status indicator
U10 Automatic deactivation of front passenger airbag
U22 Adjustable lumbar support
U60 Active Bonnet
U79 Diesel Emission control BLUETEC (SCR) generation 3
U85 AdBlue® reservoir with larger capacity
996 designo hyacinth red metallic
215 Leather – macchiato beige/black
DP1 Premium Plus Package
287 Folding rear seat backrests
294 Kneebag driver's side
299 PRE-SAFE® with buckle-mounted belt tensioner
421 9-speed automatic transmission
890 EASY-PACK-tailgate
K11 Adaptive brake lights flashing

That interior looks a very good place to be.

Even equipped with armrest heating!!

Reactions: Ady
So after a few months some of the magic has worn off!
The active lane keeping assist is more like a suicide device as the car seems to have no idea where the lane is and often drags me on to the grass verge / into the hedge or off to the opposing lane even though I was central in my lane. So that feature is now switched off.
The drive pilot has similar issues and if I do let go of the steering wheel it wanders from side to side like a drunkard.
The remote parking feature has pretty much stopped working now and hardly ever connects with my phone (Samsung s8). I need to try it with some other phones to be sure if the phone or the car but the phone works fine with every other Bluetooth device, including Comand.
I have not bothered to renew the data plan after the free trial as the 3G connection is so slow and has no real benefits.
I seem to get flashed quite often so the multi-beam headlamps are not perfect but they are fascinating.
Also missing a heated steering wheel that I have on the previous 4 cars. I can't understand why the option is not available in the UK especially as it seems to be available in other right-hand drive markets.

Everything else is good. I like that I've averaged 51.3 mpg for the last ~4000 miles. My best is 67 mpg on one 25 mile journey. Getting a massage is also very nice as that works very well.

Cool that you're enjoying it overall. Disappointing that some of the options are not delivering on their promises. Impressive mpg figures too, don't get near that with our C250d.

Re: the Active Lane Keeping Assist, the system in my W212 is pretty faultless and I’d be astonished if the implementation of the system in the W213 was worse. My gut feel is that your car has a fault - the Drive Pilot issue would seem to support that view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: the Active Lane Keeping Assist, the system in my W212 is pretty faultless and I’d be astonished if the implementation of the system in the W213 was worse. My gut feel is that your car has a fault - the Drive Pilot issue would seem to support that view.

Thanks for the feedback. The dealer has "checked it over and not found any problems" with it but I think I will push a bit harder. They did that while trying to retro fit the rear USB sockets that had been missed off the build (still not done) and I get the feeling the check was a very quick drive up the road.

I get the feeling the check was a very quick drive up the road.
You’re probably spot on with that diagnosis. As long as the fault manifests itself reliably there should be no difficulty in replicating it. My suggestion would be to offer to take a technician out with you so you can demonstrate it.

My suggestion would be to offer to take a technician out with you so you can demonstrate it.
The problem is the erratic Active Lane Assist problem only happens maybe once or twice a week and not always in the same places. Enough to wind me up and frighten the life out of me but probably not going to happen on a short test drive. My dash cam has caught the deviation but it's not obvious that it was caused by the car because it doesn't see the display. Maybe I need to setup a Go Pro looking over my shoulder.
Their response to the Drive Pilots meandering was "It is not meant for you to take your hands off the steering wheel". Well I know that but it is meant to make driving more relaxed not harder.
I wondered if the camera alignment is off but they say that checking and aligning the cameras is a long and difficult process so they don't want to do it unless they are sure.
It would be great if the camera view along with the object recognition was shown in the center screen, like they show on the development adverts, but I guess that would be a distraction. At least then it would show what the car was detecting.

Hmmm... Much more difficult to get a diagnosis if the problem can't be reproduced. Must say I really liked their reason for not checking the camera alignment though :rolleyes:

Wow nice car. I was parked next to one last night and the owner was making a call etc. I couldn’t help but notice the huge impressive bank of screens and dials. Is it distracting or intuitive?

Wow nice car. I was parked next to one last night and the owner was making a call etc. I couldn’t help but notice the huge impressive bank of screens and dials. Is it distracting or intuitive?

I love it. But I find it a little like Microsoft Windows in that there is more than one way to get to the same menu or item. It's easy when you know how and you just need to find the one that works best for you. That said, half the time I just use the voice commands as once you've mastered that it's even easier.
One thing I can't get away with is the touch pad on the centre console (love the ones on the steering wheel) it just makes me feel really cack handed. Maybe I'd get on with it better if the car was LHD or I was left handed but as it is it's pretty defunct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom