My new E300de

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonpj145

Car
E300de
Hi this is a copy of my post on a well known detailing site.

I joined this forum today although I bought my car in October. I had a Jag XE (which I hated) following two Jag VFs (which I loved). Had a final falling out with the XE and bought a Mercedes-Benz E300de. Plug in diesel/electric hybrid as I guess you know - rare combo but combines economy with massive torque in a big car - it's fun.

This clean was at 3 months old, 4000 miles in, just quick washes until now, so it needs some attention:

Snow foam then a wheel clean with Bilberry while dodging the rain.

Rear wheel

Front wheel

Washed with AG shampoo, Megs mitt, 2BM and dried.

Waxed with Dodo Juice Purple Haze. I've got some Supernatural, but need to use up the Purple Haze as the lid is broken and there's only clingfilm covering it. Windows cleaned with AG glass polish.

Waxed the wheels with Poorboys and dressed the tyres with Megs Endurance.

Final results. Hope you like, no correction needed although I've spotted a couple of scratches on my way round for the spring. Cheers

We've such hard water down here a black car would require serious money (and time) to keep clean

Never again:confused:

Cracking job btw

Is the boot space compromised? Any pics of the boot space please?

Is the boot space compromised? Any pics of the boot space please?

Here’s a shot I took the day I collected it. If you’re used to an E class you might find it compromised. Coming from an XE I think it’s huge! For me it doesn’t get in the way. I actually use it as a space to put soft bags on or whatever. We are a family of 3 and going away at Christmas we had plenty of room for bags, coats, presents etc

6495FECD-5CD8-4C40-A710-8E20CBB85DB2.jpeg

There are commercially available products which i think command a premium as they are marketed specifically for washing your car.

However if you go to ebay you can grab yourself a bargain.. Just search for DI Resin Vessel... These are marked for window cleaners. Make sure you choose the vessel WITH resin not empty.

Sizewise go for what your comfortable with... i went for 23L its quite big tbh.

As long as you use this for your final rinse only they will last.

I only use mine to aid on drying as it works really well with a ceramic coat or some sort of wax/sealant protection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom