My new E350CDI Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You do wonder, but how would they buy these cars for cash?

It's not like they can get a PCP or lease deal is it?
When I worked for a Ford dealer I once had a "dubious" guy come in with cash for a new Mondeo ST220. We had to count every pound which was in coins and notes :eek: and actually not long after, cash was taken off the options to pay list! :D

Never had a problem with that guy though, but I wouldn't have wanted to catch him on an off day! :D

money laundering controls makes paying for cars in cash much harder, if not impossible, now.

Reminds me, when I was last in MB Milton Keynes, just before leaving for Russia, I was looking at an E350cdi coupe and the salesman was seriously trying to push the finance. When I said no, I don't do finance, he totally lost interest and walked away!! Amazing... :D

There's a house like that near me. It's a very small terrace worth about £120K ish and he has a '12 SL63 in the front garden and an '11 Aston Rapide in the drive!! Cars must be worth a lot more than the house!

Just a thought it could be his "weekend cottage" whilst he's up from the smoke.

money laundering controls makes paying for cars in cash much harder, if not impossible, now.

That's what I meant, isn't the cash limit £10K or something of that nature?

Cars used to be the perfect way to money launder.

Not suggesting in any way the OP is involved in under the counter pharma of any description!

Last edited:
C240Sport97 said:

Not true just have to think a bit harder/be smarter.

Congrats on both benz Andrew very nice.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Last edited:
You do wonder, but how would they buy these cars for cash?

It's not like they can get a PCP or lease deal is it?

Yeah it does seem a little strange, maybe they bite the bullet and do it by bankers draft/transfer and hope for the best?

Always amusing, I know a guy who lets say you wouldn't get on the wrong side of, he has a Ferrari 360 spider and F430 outside his house which without sounding funny isn't worth anywhere near as much as the cars. Nice guy though, never had any issue with him but definitely do wonder. Think he's just got a new M5 as well... :crazy:

Great write up/great choice of car/great pics(i've covered just over 500 miles on my new e350cdi sport saloon i collected last friday & am also delighted with the car/mpg-currently averaging 40.4 combined!).

Gotta say, im greener than a green thing on a green day..

Not because of the SLS though, yes that is amazing but will never be a reality for me, so see it as a poster car, if you know what i mean..

But over recent times i have decided, i am having the E coupe one day, you see i have a dream, i dream that one day i will not be surrounded by nappies and push chairs and then i may have some money in the bank again..:D and yours is the colour/spec that enters my dream.. Love it mate..

Gotta say, im greener than a green thing on a green day..

Not because of the SLS though, yes that is amazing but will never be a reality for me, so see it as a poster car, if you know what i mean..

But over recent times i have decided, i am having the E coupe one day, you see i have a dream, i dream that one day i will not be surrounded by nappies and push chairs and then i may have some money in the bank again..:D and yours is the colour/spec that enters my dream.. Love it mate..

I'm afraid any car purchased after the nappies and pushchairs will be borrowed and pranged repeatedly! Bless them!

Excellent write up, they are a great car... Im thinking of one for the Mrs soon...

Well when the early ones come down a bit in value, getting there now..

jaymanek said:
Excellent write up, they are a great car... Im thinking of one for the Mrs soon...

Well when the early ones come down a bit in value, getting there now..

I've not seen you stock them as of yet? Plenty of other "fine" cars though ;)

We have had one coupe, but we are trying to stick to cheaper cars at the moment... not enough money in the more expensive cars to pay the bills!

jaymanek said:
We have had one coupe, but we are trying to stick to cheaper cars at the moment... not enough money in the more expensive cars to pay the bills!

Did the shed really take all your profits?

Did the shed really take all your profits?

lol no.

Newer cars are great as they are normally spot on. We change tyres, brakes, carry out a service and they are like new.

Unfortunately for us to be able to price competitively, they just dont have enough margin left in them for us, especially once we have paid our share into the queens luncheon fund.
We are competing with the home traders, the back street garages and the drive way traders that offer little or no prep/backup etc etc.
The buyer only sees the first page or two on auto trader/ebay etc, if you are not in that price, your car will sit around...

We did better out of the sub 10K cars, although often more hassle... so trying to get back to them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom