My new GLE keyed, advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello

Yesterday evening I noted that my brand new, bought in April MB/GLE/Amg line had been keyed on the passenger side rear door, a deep almost to metal 8 inch scratch, another to the front passenger door and this is to the base coat and a lighter scratch about 10 inches long front passenger fender.

I know the road it happened in as my car is on the drive at home and at work in a secure, works car park with cctv. I was on leave on Thursday ie the day before and washed my car and no damage, so it happened in SE2 when I was visiting a friend, nice street but further along and just before is a run down estate and every so often a dysfunctional, and incestual inbreed passes by.

Anyway, any tips or it an insurance jb?
I have covered it a bit with the Turtle wax chip stick today, but to my surprise, the slighter lighter scratch to the front door is most difficult to cover. There also appears to be a slight crease on the metal on both doors where the mother and sister ****er has keyed my car.

Apologies for the language. I also intended to drop leaflets down the road i visited and asking if any cctv footage and i will offer a reward to the locals if they give me cctv footage that clear shows the incestual, inbred, workshy retard.

Thanks

ps - mods, pls feel free to delte or moderate - sorry.

Sorry to hear.

Being both doors they may have to blend into the front wing and rear qtr, depending on the colour.

I always say if you can afford it get it done outside of insurance as you will pay for it when you next premium is due

Hearing this makes my blood boil. People that do stuff like this have nothing valuable of their own and don't understand how much money we pour into out cars. Absolute scum.

Hope you get it sorted

As a first aid measure - rub some vaseline in to the scratch. Just to give the bare metal some protection until a more permanent repair can be done.

Gutted for you - having your P&J damaged can be emotive, let alone intentionally gouged and so your language is appropriate :D

You probably realise that you need a decent body shop especially given that the skins have moved due to the pressure the scrote applied.

Insurance or private - only you can decide but if you are on say a £250 excess, it should not cost much more to keep it off the books. Just watch the MB long term warranty if non-approved/off the books, bodyshop work undertaken, as it is reasonably easy to pick up on the application of corrective paintwork.

Jealousy is a powerful motivator. Instead of damaging the properties of others, they should channel their energy into finding a job instead.

I bet that the little tw@ has probably appeared on the Jeremy Kyle show for something unrelated.

Thanks all, some of the comments made me chuckle.
I have touched it up as I said, now twice - not as obvious as before but whole care id devalued, may wait a few weeks and slowly investigate options but not via insurance. My excess is 220/250 not sure, but I'd be hapy for paying no more than 200 hundred but i feel it will be about 250/300, will try and pay cash thus avoid the vat wich will push it over 300.
I did the leaflet drop about hour ago - saw a car with nice reg, PANAMERA DIESEL SALOON going to some event on some heath there - read F1 SINGH - but real reg is guess is F151 NGH.

The people that do this kind of thing ie key cars also damage tyres, about 24/6 yrs ago I bought a new Vauxhall 2-0SRI in mateallic blue got a puncture and repair man font a yale key with round edge flat place in front of back tyre - recently on the news a car got keyed and the ownner of car had a cctv runing in the car went on the news man got caught, he was 40-50 yrs old at least - these people are jealous, and .....................

Thanks all for the support, appraciated, it still hurts but less so untill i look at the damage but its on the passenge side so dont have to look at all of the time
Thanks

Terrible thing to happen. My family are from Italy, I was speaking to my cousin about this sort of thing and he couldn't believe it! He's had all sorts of cars and said he's never even thought about it being vandalised and he leaves it all sorts of dodgy places. People here think you're "lucky" if you work hard all your life to get a nice house or car! Idiots!!

I'm very sorry to read of this damage and can really feel your anger .

Perhaps some sort of smart repair might be more cost effective ? Some of these companies can work wonders , and with a newer car the paint should still be factory fresh hence easier to match .

Re the culprit ,!while you may be right in your suspicions , I wouldn't jump to conclusions : it could just as easily be a well to do neighbour who took umbrage at you parking in 'their' space , or any number of other things .

I've also done similar damage to my own car when I met a lorry on a narrow country road and had to squeeze right into the side , against a Hawthorn hedgerow - thankfully my scratches polished out but it was cringeworthy .

Cheers all and Pontoneer

We have a drive for three cars so never parked on the street when at home, a drive at son's as well. I'm almost a 100% certain it was in SE2 when on Friday when I parked the car almost outside his home from about 10-50 to just before 12. Friend feels bad and I told him not to. I was off work and cleaned the car the day before and no damage. Dropped my wife off at work, went to work, finsihed early at 10-30 went to friends, had a quick glance at car did not note the damage, parked on our drive, went out to pick up my wife at 4pm and I remained in the car, back on the drive, then we went out at 6-20 for take away I stayed in the car, when we parked on the drive back home, I opened all of the windows and went to open doors to remove what littel smell of food in car then noted the scratch on the back then wife noted the one on the fron and then on the wing.

I tell people not to assume it is that, that or the other as at times it's someone you would never rdeream of. It was a cowardly attack on the car as the inbreed parasite/s did not have the guts to do the whole side of the car.

Thankfully I did not see the incestual inbreed as it would have resulted in me losing out my 100% law abing record, my job/health etc if I tried to stop it or I could have easily ended up hurting the mother and sister F/ing inbreed, workshy, pile of donkey mess. So all in all, I'm glad I did not see the mess. Hopefully someone has cctv where I have leaflet dropped but i doubt this.
I regret not becoming a police officer when I was younger and I wished I was younger now so I could become a police officer and I've have no hesitation to aresst, tazer or shoot criminals.

The kind of person that goes around doing this kind of thing would easily stal from their family and usually quite cowardly.

Thanks again and thanks to all, supportive comments do help.

Only other helpful comment I can add is to get a dashcam that records all the time , and like the guy who keyed the Aston-Martin , if it happened again the culprits might be caught .

Thanks - have been considering and may just do the 24/7 dash cam. Looking at Chips Away outfit but I guess is only as good as the tech they send out. Having said that, any negative reviews on Truspilot the reviews site, the company does offer to re-work/investigate, but I hate paying VAT.
I will draw the line at 250 plus VAT but hoping its less.

To all, never take the law into your own hands as these inbreeds have nothing to lose.

Thanks - have been considering and may just do the 24/7 dash cam. Looking at Chips Away outfit but I guess is only as good as the tech they send out. Having said that, any negative reviews on Truspilot the reviews site, the company does offer to re-work/investigate, but I hate paying VAT.
I will draw the line at 250 plus VAT but hoping its less.

To all, never take the law into your own hands as these inbreeds have nothing to lose.

Hi,
Don't forget - even if you have a £250 excess on your insurance and claim on it - your premium could increase by at least £100 per year for the next 5 years.
This means it would still be cheaper in the long run to pay it yourself - up to a level of £750.
Cheers
Steve

Hearing this makes my blood boil. People that do stuff like this have nothing valuable of their own and don't understand how much money we pour into out cars. Absolute scum.

Hope you get it sorted

The problem is that most of those inbred creatures are not mentally equipped to understand that often behind a nice car there is a lot of hard work.

Feel for you, sub humans that do this, absolute scum bags. Trouble is that when caught they only gat a slap on the wrists, they should get the cost of repair.

Had there been a caravan site nearby, no doubt the assumed blame would've gone on one of the occupants there.

9 times out of 10 it is someone down the 'okay looking street' rather than the 'rough estate' further down the road.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car.

Difficult to say without seeing, but smart repair would be my first port of call, and I would ask them if they think that this type of damage can be repaired to 'as new' condition before allowing them to carry out any work.

Failing that, panel respray, but I would be hesitant to let the smart repair technicians paint the panel in the street (I have seen this done) - I would take it to a trusted body shop instead.

On the plus side, keying is rarely more than pint-deep, meaning that the worse case scenario is a respray, but not any panel beating or replacing.

And no, I would not claim this off my own insurance, but pay for the repair myself.

As got the vandals.... it happened to me ten years ago, would you believe it someone keys my.... Vauxhall. It was parked in the street outside a customer's office and was keys across the bonnet twice. There is just no logic to these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom