My new GLE keyed, advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks again to all. Firmly decided to get a couple of quotes possibly over the weekend when our son will take pics for me as I'm no good with mobile phones/pic - will need to remove the Turtle wax touch-up stick effort but it does make it a lot less obvious. Then recover with the touch-up stick and then get it sorted - My excess is 250 but I've not claimed on the car insurance for about 20 yrs.

I just hope the creature that did this falls down the stairs and breaks both of its legs and arms and then the parasite will genuinely qualify for benefits.

As I said earlier, luckily I did not see the dog mess as most likely I would have lost out either way ie, the inbreed attacks me or sues me for wrongly making citizens arrest and ABH.

This kind of thing can put you off from buying a nice car, but the bottom line is that it should not and won't.

A nasty experience - i would be fearful someone would do it again.
My brother has his BMW 116 wing mirror glasses broken. CCtv caught a new neighbour's 8 year old son:eek: living opposite specifically targeting my brother's car. The Dad paid for the damage.
My Qashqai was my first ever new car.So far -at various locations
2 incidents of dribbles of spit on door and window (are Qashqais that desirable ?):D
4 incidents of strange food substance smeared
2 incidents of clumsy parkers causing minor scratches
1 Vomit on rear tail light :crazy:

To give you some idea of the cost to be expected, on my Allroad, I had a shallow crease of about 45cm along the passenger front door.

This was the sort of depth which the bodyshop would just fill rather than re-skin the door. Because it was silver, the whole side of the car (front wing to rear wing) would have to be sprayd to avoid the kind of mismatches you see so often driving around.

Quote was £450 (cash-in-hand) in a small bodyshop on a farm (with apparently low overheads) near Gatwick airport. I have no idea if they would do a perfect job, but asking around, this was the going rate (normally + VAT).

Sorry to depress you still further, but these things are not worth giving yourself heart trouble over. Pay-up, keep your no-claim bonus and move on....

Last edited:
Thank you all

Update, not washed the car other than the wheels last week, the interior is always clean so just the regular sweep of front mats twice a weeks and dusting.

The excess is a compulsory 250 on my car plus the 250 option = 500.
100% decided not to go via ins as even with a so-called 'no claims' I'm dubious how the ins ppl see a claim.

I will get fixed but I believe it will cost at least 400, but realistically looking at 500+ cash in hand

No response re my door to door leaflet drop.

I'm looking at it positively as this MF/ing, sister/ing, inbred, incestual, workshy, cretinous, feeble, brainless, parasitic vermin is one little, full-chicken **** of a prized coward that is unable to stomach the hard work/rewards of other people like you, me, my family.

Again, I apologise for my rant, normally in real life I do not swear, but did use to until I saw a man and woman in town talking to each other and every other word was foul, they sounded and looked cheap and since then, the only foul word I use in real life, rarely of course, is "bloody."

Dear Mods, please feel to delete, or mod my post and you have my word that it won't happen again on this thread.

Thank you all

Update, not washed the car other than the wheels last week, the interior is always clean so just the regular sweep of front mats twice a weeks and dusting.

The excess is a compulsory 250 on my car plus the 250 option = 500.
100% decided not to go via ins as even with a so-called 'no claims' I'm dubious how the ins ppl see a claim.

I will get fixed but I believe it will cost at least 400, but realistically looking at 500+ cash in hand

No response re my door to door leaflet drop.

I'm looking at it positively as this MF/ing, sister/ing, inbred, incestual, workshy, cretinous, feeble, brainless, parasitic vermin is one little, full-chicken **** of a prized coward that is unable to stomach the hard work/rewards of other people like you, me, my family.

Again, I apologise for my rant, normally in real life I do not swear, but did use to until I saw a man and woman in town talking to each other and every other word was foul, they sounded and looked cheap and since then, the only foul word I use in real life, rarely of course, is "bloody."

Dear Mods, please feel to delete, or mod my post and you have my word that it won't happen again on this thread.

I'm sorry to hear about your car and understand your frustration, unfortunately i've heard similar stories before :(

I've got a E class and always watch where I park, even in supermarkets park right at the end etc, tempted next time just to get a well specced Golf or A3 to be honest so I do not worry as much, anyone else ever been tempted to do similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom