My new Jag !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems you know much more than me about these engines. Yes I was also referring to the joke of 'filled for life' gearboxes.

I have even had the VIN checked out to make sure it was the later engine. There are loads of early XK8s out there which have had new factory engines put in them, with receipts to prove, due to bore wear caused by sulphur in petrol reacting with the Nikasil content of the cylinder linings (prior to 2000). It must have cost Jag a small fortune, but then again they were bankrolled by Ford so it was small beer! :rolleyes: early cars also had plastic chain cam tensioners which fequently failed, they were replaced with metal/Alu tensioners from about MY2000 onwards.

Sorry I am getting boring ................. :D

A friend bought a V8 XJ and elected to go to the local Jag dealer rather than privately - a decision he did not regret when the engine went "pop" 4 months later (technical engineering term there).

I always feel pride when I see an XJ waft-by when abroad - there is a real feel-good factor, but less so when you see an XJ40 on bricks in the front yard of houses in the less expensive parts of town... :mad:

Great looking car. Well done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom