My new motor arrived yesterday ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
4WD - check
Big fat tyres - check
Open top - check
Earth shattering acceleration - erm ... :D

Tractor.jpg

Mrs BTB approves:

Tractor2.jpg

It's going back in a couple of weeks to have a front-end loader fitted.

Yes I'm keeping the keys away from BTB Junior for now!

Very cool! Is it for garden maintenance or do you have something special planned?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very cool! Is it for garden maintenance or do you have something special planned?

We've got 7 acres so there is a fair bit of ongoing maintenance needed. But there are a *lot* of small/medium trees that need to come down (plus a few bigger ones that will need to be done by a pro), and some large overgrown heaps of soil in the garden that need moving/flattening. The previous owners had quite a lot of work done over the years (extensions, double garage, barn, stables, etc.) and it seems anything that got excavated for bases/foundations just ended up dumped in the garden.

Stick a small plough on the back, tick!

That's actually a flail mower ... will cut anything from normal grass up to fairly dense brush/undergrowth. We have a fair bit of both :D

We've got 7 acres so there is a fair bit of ongoing maintenance needed. But there are a *lot* of small/medium trees that need to come down (plus a few bigger ones that will need to be done by a pro), and some large overgrown heaps of soil in the garden that need moving/flattening. The previous owners had quite a lot of work done over the years (extensions, double garage, barn, stables, etc.) and it seems anything that got excavated for bases/foundations just ended up dumped in the garden.
Lidl have petrol chainsaws for sale today at £80 with all the kit, just treat myself to one

Sorting that lot out sounds like a lot of fun! 👍🏻

dont run over any nice bits of lawn with those tyres !! even half decent grass wont thank you.

They actually work fine! Traditionally you just had a choice of 'agricultural tyres' (which would rip up nice grass) or 'turf tyres' (wide & soft but limited traction and prone to punctures). These ones are called 'industrial tyres' - similar width to turf tyres but much tougher construction and with better traction. We both drove it around the garden last night without any problems ... of course if you get bogged down somewhere soft all bets are off but with selectable 4WD and a locking diff you should at least be able to get going again.

Lidl have petrol chainsaws for sale today at £80 with all the kit, just treat myself to one

I got a petrol chainsaw from Screwfix for £89 last month, and that has been excellent. Seems crazy to me that you can buy something like that for less than a tank of diesel for the Vito.

Sorting that lot out sounds like a lot of fun! 👍🏻

It is. I had my (free) training session from the dealer this morning and have been cutting the scrub round the edges of our fields this afternoon - sure as hell beats hacking at it with a brushcutter! Our two horses do a decent job of mowing, but won't touch the nettles/brambles/bracken etc. around the edges - that had reached a couple of metres wide (and a metre or so high) in places.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom