My "new" purchase.....Monday can't come fast enough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely. Enjoy.

About 2 1/2 hours for me, just have to negotiaite the M20/25, Dartford Crossing and A12 first, heading off in about 1 hour.:):)

Thanks mate, looks like OP and I will be collecting our new motors at about the same time (noon) - but I'll get more of a chance to "try it out"!!:):)

Thanks mate, looks like OP and I will be collecting our new motors at about the same time (noon) - but I'll get more of a chance to "try it out"!!:):)

Agreed - it was raining here yesterday (again!) - so had to go very careful!

Congrats Mark lovely motor....our cars have the same wheels :thumb:

Last edited:
Congrats Mark lovely motor....our cars have the same wheels :thumb:

Driven carefully my MPG seems reasonable so far! Jersey is never great for economy but I've been driving a fair bit to get used to the car and so for 18mpg - which I think considering engine size and the slow speeds and stop start driving here is pretty remarkable!

I think for on island an EV or hybrid could make sense, and leave the 63 for trips to France etc! As long as you have a comfy garage with power for the battery conditioner that is!

Glad you are enjoying your 63 Mark.
As a matter of interest, what price is fuel on the island nowadays?
Always was a lot cheaper than mainland UK back in the day.

Glad you are enjoying your 63 Mark.
As a matter of interest, what price is fuel on the island nowadays?
Always was a lot cheaper than mainland UK back in the day.

Standard unleaded is 113.9ppl and premium is 130.9ppl - no idea how that compares to the UK....

I think for on island an EV or hybrid could make sense, and leave the 63 for trips to France etc! As long as you have a comfy garage with power for the battery conditioner that is!

No real space to store - never ruled out a self charging hybrid one day maybe

Taycan?:D:D:p:p

Standard unleaded is 113.9ppl and premium is 130.9ppl - no idea how that compares to the UK....
Not a great deal in that nowadays then, about 10% cheaper give or take :)

before he even thinks about getting a milk float. :rolleyes:;):):D:p

Not sure the Taycan would qualify as a milk float - unless you want very skimmed milk!! What I can't figure is how you replace the aural delight of a V6 or V8 with the silence of an EV, no matter how powerful! We were walking out of a multi storey car park some time ago and something electric crept up behind us, completely silently, 4 of us across the road, one slip of the right foot and we'd have been mown down and possibly killed.

Not sure the Taycan would qualify as a milk float - unless you want very skimmed milk!! What I can't figure is how you replace the aural delight of a V6 or V8 with the silence of an EV, no matter how powerful! We were walking out of a multi storey car park some time ago and something electric crept up behind us, completely silently, 4 of us across the road, one slip of the right foot and we'd have been mown down and possibly killed.
Our cars are quite noisey relative to an EV, and we regularly find ourselves in that situation, so it’s not just an EV thing. That said, reduced noise can only make it more likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom