My new S-Class - the secret's out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Voyager

Guys - I want to tell you about my latest purchase. Its a beautiful Chrysler 300C V6 Auto with only 49,000 miles on the clock. I bought it for an incredible price from a somebody in the trade who knows Mercedes Benz cars inside out.

Not many people know this but Chrysler owns Mercedes Benz and the 300C is basically an S-Class with a different body. You're getting an S-class for a fraction of the cost - I purchased my car last weekend for £17,000 - an S-Class new is £60,000 - ie I've paid less than a third of the price.

The 300C rides beautifully - gear changes are silky and the engine keeps pulling - this is the Mercedes experience for a fraction of the price.

I wanted to ask a question of the forum - do you think I should get the car serviced in the Mercedes Benz main dealer network or should i use
a small independent. If I use the latter, I will use official Mercedes parts as I want to maintain the quality.

Any views would be welcome.:)

Attachments

• 2006_black_crystal_pearl_chrysler_300c_for_sale_in_salem_or_97304_8508421.jpg
    2006_black_crystal_pearl_chrysler_300c_for_sale_in_salem_or_97304_8508421.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 295
I bought it for an incredible price from a somebody in the trade who knows Mercedes Benz cars inside out.

Not many people know this but Chrysler owns Mercedes Benz and the 300C is basically an S-Class with a different body.

This should be in the jokes section, surely.

The person who sold you that car has taken you for a fool.

Hmm. I think I'd service it at a Chrysler dealership.

Sorry to burst your bubble fella but MB owned Chrysler and in doing so probably produced some of the worst cars in MB history through the disastrous ownership years. MB sold Chrysler in 2007 IIRC.

The 300c is actually W210 E Class based.

grangehillt-shirt-zammojustsayno_2_112788_royal-blue_m.jpg

Not many people know this but Chrysler owns Mercedes Benz and the 300C is basically an S-Class with a different body.

Fiat own Chrysler, before that Mercedes *owned* Chrysler.

Your 300C is based on a W210 E-Class, and no, don't try MB for servicing.

The Chrysler 300 is based on the rear-wheel drive Chrysler LX platform which features components derived from the W210 Mercedes-Benz E-Class of 1996 to 2002. Shared components include the rear suspension design, front seat frames, wiring harnesses, steering column, the 5-speed automatic transmission's design, and a derivative of the 4Matic all-wheel drive system. The Chrysler 300 also features a double wishbone front suspension that is derived from the W220 Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

Source: Chrysler 300 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This should be in the jokes section, surely.

The person who sold you that car has taken you for a fool.

At least it won't rust and be unreliable like a real Mercedes.

And I doubt Chrysler dealers are as up their own behinds as MB dealers are.

Perhaps OP is not so silly after all...

Surely it is loosely based on the previous generation E-class.

When the Chrysler 300C was launched, the W210 was already superseded by the W211.

At least it won't rust and be unreliable like a real Mercedes.

It comes with OM642 engine. It can breakdown and rack up bills like the best of them.

Inlet port shut off motors, replacement manifolds, bearings,. You name it, whats broken on cars with that engine here, will break on that car.

And I doubt Chrysler dealers are as up their own behinds as MB dealers are.

Perhaps OP is not so silly after all...

They are all equally **** IMHO.

Pluses of the 300c, space, and it comes with the 5g box. Its a 210 chassis with some 220 suspension, its got Mercedes underpinnings and is an S class sized car and a good looking car, and without rust issues. However the cabins are not so pleasant.

An MB indie could work on it, one of them in Glasgow told me he will service a 300c but I assume codes are not read on STAR?

nice cars, but they are what they are, and they are not S classes.

Well done fella, got a few people jumping:devil:

Chinese Bentley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom