My new S-Class - the secret's out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One costs twice as much as the other, maybe more than twice as much, but is the S twice as good?

Simply put - yes.

A study noted that the heart rate of a driver in a S-Class was, on average, over 5 bpm slower than the same driver on the same route in class-comparable cars from other makers.

Needless to say, the Chrysler was not one of them ...

Driving an S-Class is actually beneficial to your health.

http://www.gizmag.com/go/4486/

Last edited:
Voyager...come in, your number's up. I suspect you were just preparing for April 1st, but pushed the post button too soon.

Best laugh in a long time.:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

What's your real name Voyager? Henry Root perchance?

Keep up the good work!

I had this same car as a hire car in the States. It's actually very well equipped and rides nicely. Not sure about how reliable it would be in the long run though, and the price you paid for it seems like a rip-off for a Chrysler

I think the boy's doin good.

1 post and 32 replies - I bet he's won his wager.

Not sure about how reliable it would be in the long run though

Very easy to predict, it will have the same issues as any V6 diesel Mercedes, but probably won't rust like a Mercedes. It has a well proven 5 speed Mercedes box so bar the potential engine issues it should be ok

As above , derived mainly from W210 at a time when MB had an interest in Chrysler .

Looks like a CIA staff car and has a bland , plastic interior normally found in pacific rim offerings .

If you want a 'pretend Mercedes' you could also consider Ssangyong .

Mind you , the post war Audi started out the same way , after Mercedes sold the brand to Volkswagen ( yes , MB used to own Audi ) , and the early Audis had Mercedes engines from the W110 Fintail series , with the rest done by VW .

Nowadays , Audis are regarded as quite respectable cars , so perhaps if you give Chrysler 40 or 50 years ......... Then again , when did you last see an NSU , a Wartburg , a Messerschmitt or a Borgward ?

Perhaps this is best summed up by paraphrasing that VW advert -

Why drive ' something like a Mercedes ' when you can drive a Mercedes-Benz ?

Prank or not.... I actually like the 300C and think that it is a rare example of a decent American car in recent years. I wouldn't buy one because the look is about too aggressive to my taste. As for price... yes they depreciate like a free-falling lift, but given that the vast majority are VIP private-hire-cars with the CRD engine, and privately owned V8 one might just fetch a good price.

Yeah! and from a certain angle it looks like a Golf. What a slab sided horror it really is. Does it come with a body in the boot? It should and with dark windows and a sign saying "drug dealer, get your supplies here". For people who's life didn't quite turn out the way they had hoped.

Yeah! and from a certain angle it looks like a Golf. What a slab sided horror it really is. Does it come with a body in the boot? It should and with dark windows and a sign saying "drug dealer, get your supplies here". For people who's life didn't quite turn out the way they had hoped.

As said, I do like its looks... It is very American, and a worthy rival to the Lincoln Town Car. On the other hand, I never did warm-up to the 'crapping dog' SLK-based Chrysler...

Despite the wind up, I also actually like the 300C.

It's too pimping and just 'not quite there' for me to actually want one seriously but I find the looks quite appealling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom