My new SL60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sjmw

Car
SL60; SLK230K; Porsche 928 GTS; L405 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography
I am pleased to say I have become the new owner of long-time forum member Ian's SL60 (pictures from last year here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/detailing/175993-nice-valeting.html)

Ian has looked after the car well and I had a great drive back to Bristol from Peterborough yesterday.

Having had a few R129 SLs recently (I just sold my SL600 and still have a 2001 SL500 Silver Arrow) I was surprised on a long drive just how different the SL60 was in character. Good fun and I'm pleased I now have the model I was looking really looking for

Moving house next week then I will be selling the Silver Arrow (if anyone on the forum is seriously interested, let me know - photos/details to follow when I'm less hectic)

Just to say, it was a pleasure dealing with Ian, who still has a G Class Mercedes to keep him in the fold!

Excellent, glad its gone to a good home.

The SL60 is so vastly different to the SL500 its unbelievable really!

Cheers. Yes it is, and so different to the 600 too - having driven SL60s before (but never, til now, back to back with a 600) I was surprised how much more eager the 60 feels and the huge difference the lighter front end makes. I'd like to get the 60 to be as good as it can be, so any tips on things to renew/upgrade very gratefully accepted, as I'm keen to learn

They are really perfect as they are.. The only thing I personally didnt like about Ians car was the AMG wheels. I feel the original BBS 18" staggered AMG wheels suit the car perfectly.

Otherwise its just a case of refreshing any worn items to make the car look and feel new.

Thanks. I agree. I have some staggered 18" wheels which I will swap onto it

Hi, I could be interested in the Silver Arrow, please PM details. Colin

good article on the SL60 in latest Mercedes Enthusiast!!

Cheers Don - intend to keep it for some time

Lovely car !:)
I'm jealous , enjoy it for many years to come!

Awesome car, congrats! There is one at MB World that I love to stare at....jealous!

Thanks James. I think the MB is the Designo green one sold by Dan from on these boards last year

Thanks James. I think the MB is the Designo green one sold by Dan from on these boards last year

Correct.

pics of sl60 !

I ve just acquired a blue 1995 sl60
It's only been 20 years in the MAKING!

I am pleased to say I have become the new owner of long-time forum member Ian's SL60 (pictures from last year here: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/detailing/175993-nice-valeting.html)

Ian has looked after the car well and I had a great drive back to Bristol from Peterborough yesterday.

Having had a few R129 SLs recently (I just sold my SL600 and still have a 2001 SL500 Silver Arrow) I was surprised on a long drive just how different the SL60 was in character. Good fun and I'm pleased I now have the model I was looking really looking for

Moving house next week then I will be selling the Silver Arrow (if anyone on the forum is seriously interested, let me know - photos/details to follow when I'm less hectic)

Just to say, it was a pleasure dealing with Ian, who still has a G Class Mercedes to keep him in the fold!

I ve just acquired a blue 1995 sl60

It's only been 20 years in the MAKING!

Chap I knew up here in Scotland had an SL60 from new. Awesome car!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom