My New Steed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I guess the suspension was too hard?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yep, well done, sir. 10/10. :thumb:

If the car had the air suspension, I wouldn't have dreamed of selling.
The ride in comfort mode is perfectly acceptable, but not as nice as the air setup I'm accustomed to in my BiTDi.

Quick question
If it does not have air suspension has it got a factory towbar?

This is a sensible question, not trying to wind you up

kc

Quick question
If it does not have air suspension has it got a factory towbar?

This is a sensible question, not trying to wind you up

kc

Although they have towbar preparation, I've never see an RS6 with a towbar.

The suspension on this car is an upgrade.
Someone has specified to do away with the adaptive RS suspension and also add the dynamic steering.
Steering alone was circa £1200 and although it is switchable to normal or can be set to auto-adapt to driving style and conditions, I don't car for it at all.

HTH.

i missed out on a 2018 car in Sepang that had the towbar, Apparently you cannot have the towbar with air suspension as the air storage balls/pump is situated where the towbar would live

kc

Could you not gel with the RS6 Paul?
It must be a record to turn a car over in 5 weeks
Even Lee can't match that can he?:D

My guess is the OP secret owns a dealership, but won't fess up as it is an Audi dealership :D

I reckon Lee has moved metal quicker than 5 weeks, come on @SPX, do tell :p

My guess is the OP secret owns a dealership, but won't fess up as it is an Audi dealership :D

The X5 must have been close. Lee must have really loved that car, he couldn’t stop talking about it.

i missed out on a 2018 car in Sepang that had the towbar, Apparently you cannot have the towbar with air suspension as the air storage balls/pump is situated where the towbar would live

kc

Ah, yes, that's interesting. The air storage is in the floor of the rear load compartment along with the sub-woofer.
No Room for a spare in there!

It's for sale at £38,995, but I would be happy to discount to a forum member.
It really is a stonking machine.

If you can pass my mobile number onto the third owner in line I may be able to buy. :D

I certainly did gel with it, Roger.
I'd even take the car over a couple of hours in the bath with Vicky Butler-Henderson, and no, I'm not kidding! :)

However, I knew after a couple of weeks I would sell it.
It has become a very complicated situation, with air-ride and more importantly seat comfort (as always) calling the shots.

I think it would be wise for me to keep my powder dry with regards to the situation in which I now find myself. :doh:

The X5 was the shortest ownership I think, it was about a week iirc

The Lexus IS220 was a short one too, I must be the only bloke that’s owned a bag of shoite Lexus and an impeccably reliable Maserati.

The X5 must have been close. Lee must have really loved that car, he couldn’t stop talking about it.
Without doubt the worse SUV I’ve ever owned and driven, the new one isn’t much better either; I would rather walk to my destination with gravel in my shoes than drive an X5.

Without doubt the worse SUV I’ve ever owned and driven, the new one isn’t much better either; I would rather walk to my destination with gravel in my shoes than drive an X5.

I was given a 3ltr X5 as a courtesy car some years ago when some fool reversed into my E55.
I hated the thing with a vengeance and couldn't wait to get my 55 back. I had to endure that X5 for 3 miserable weeks.

In the era I had my E55, I had to go and collect a TV for work and took a company car which was an X6 3.0d auto.

That was an utter POS and I couldn't wait to get back in the AMG!

Paul yer bastard :mad: yes,very jealous

Paul yer bastard :mad: yes,very jealous

Dash, it's a good job I know you well enough to know that you mean every word of that. :D

Congratulations Paul hopefully the comfort will be to your liking as well as the performance.

Ray has touched on a particularly important point here.

Since selling my S210 after a major-ish MOT failure, I haven't been able to get comfortable in anything other than my Range Rover seats.

Since my Cauda Equina spine injury, seat comfort has been a nightmare.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment was not being comfy in Derek's S211.

He drove hundreds of miles to deliver it to me.
I know he wanted me to have the car and he knew I was excited at getting it. It was owned and maintained by DRUK!

However, within 10 minutes of us setting off in the 211, to get Derek on his homeward journey, I knew the car wasn't for me. It positively crippled me. :(

To keep it in the family, I let my son buy it from me .
As close as I was to Derek, it took me around 3 months to own up that I couldn't use the car. That was tough! :(

Earlier this year, I had a clear out of some of the seats I have tried in an effort to get comfortable.

The auto-electrician jokingly (but he was firing a warning) threatened to block my number for future in/out/program of the different makes of seats to my BiTDi A6.

This isn't even half of the seats that I have bought in pursuit of saddle anesthesia-free comfort.

Conference anyone?

1592010263026.png

Well, this RS6 has now been sold.

However, I have bought another one, with different RS seats, and I'll post a new thread about that car in due course.

Cheers

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom