My new to me E430 w210 Est

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuscan_al

Car
S210 e430, w126 500se
Hi all,

Well I have a lovely old w124 estate but fancied some v8 in my life so went for a bargain barge w210 e430 estate. Yes I know about the rust pitfalls but even if it lasts a year or two I am happy.

Here is the spec:

1998 Avantgarde 133000 miles, MB history until 103000, 11 stamps in book.
Violane Metallic colour, grey leather with the othopedic front heated seats, drivers memory seat, Sitting on AMG 18's. PDC, No Sunroof, I don;t think it has any other rare options, I have the spec sheet and went through the list. Just going to enjoy some pleasant motorway cruising now :)

Sadly the private plate is being retained by previous owner.
6216745306_aba8d2033b_z.jpg

6216228913_c6ac912200_z.jpg

been looking at that as has been on ebay for some time and just round the corner from us. Did you get them off the notion that it was a £2,200 car and a price circa 50% (I hope for you)
enjoy

Thanks guys. Yes I think he assumed he was getting his money back after 11 months ownership. He paid £1900, I got it for £1300. Has had some good bills and not too bad on visible rust due to the 18's being terribly in the snow poss and thus not out on gritted roads much. Looking forward to getting stuck into a good paint detail on it.

Nice E430,have you still got a Tuscan too?, I did have one but it annoyed me too much,amazing cars when they work though.

Nice E430,have you still got a Tuscan too?, I did have one but it annoyed me too much,amazing cars when they work though.

No the Tuscan went last spring, great car and three years of fun, but wanted a change. Only probs were clutch and bushes and a rad. tried a few things since but nothing lived up to it. Went through an E36 M3 evo, Bugeye STI Scooby, VX220 NA and now have a Mk1 Golf Race Car and this as my tow barge, much more fun to be had racing on track than the roads.

No the Tuscan went last spring, great car and three years of fun, but wanted a change. Only probs were clutch and bushes and a rad. tried a few things since but nothing lived up to it. Went through an E36 M3 evo, Bugeye STI Scooby, VX220 NA and now have a Mk1 Golf Race Car and this as my tow barge, much more fun to be had racing on track than the roads.

I had the 100amp fuse go then various other electrical gremlins involving the fuel pump which left me stranded all too often,beautiful cars, still love the styling of a Tuscan even now but wouldn't go back, I quite enjoy the whole super saloon thing:D, and am going to be going for a Yamaha R1 as my real fun vehicle, I'm just waiting until the dead of winter to get a bargain now.

Thanks guys. Yes I think he assumed he was getting his money back after 11 months ownership. He paid £1900, I got it for £1300. Has had some good bills and not too bad on visible rust due to the 18's being terribly in the snow poss and thus not out on gritted roads much. Looking forward to getting stuck into a good paint detail on it.

Did you also look at the 2001 E430 estate in Frome on sale at the same time, it went for £1400 but had airbag light and some dashboard lcd display not working. Although my indy told me to avoid it has to be an awful lot of car for little money.

Did you also look at the 2001 E430 estate in Frome on sale at the same time, it went for £1400 but had airbag light and some dashboard lcd display not working. Although my indy told me to avoid it has to be an awful lot of car for little money.

I did see that one (only on the net), and there is/was a 200k car very close to my work in London, and I prob should have viewed that too, but I was implusive and just got this one. Fingers crossed its ok for a year or two.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom