My new toy arrives tomorrow....in theory.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flasheart

Car
W140 S500 Coupe
Well my new toy arrives tomorrow in theory.

Well i think its in Baghdad at the airport - but all i know is it left Bahrain this morning so i shall be sending one of the boys from the team around to DHL when they do a run in the morning.

Oh the toy? A Canon 1D MkIII. Having to get a few new lenses as well as i currently have a 30D with three EF-S lenses that will have to go as they won't fit the new beast. A lot of what i take photos of out here i can't post as it has the guys faces in.... but as and when i get some stuff i will post.

The camera body certainly helps - but having good quality glass stuck on the front is also a big bonus. I started with a 300D, moved to the 30D and now am going to try and stick with this for a few years.

When i leave this armpit of the empire, one of the things i want to break into is Photo Journalism... i have had a couple of offers of embeds out here and also in Helmand province over in Afghan. I would like to do another few months over here to build up a decent buffer in the bank and then will crack on with it.

Good luck Flash !

The photos you have posted before have been incredible , there's bound to be a market for them ...

Stay safe chap ! :rock:

Howard sadly the ones that are really good i can't show - least not till i leave the circuit and even then i doubt it as they have guys faces in them.

I have contributed on a few bits and pieces here and there for the broad sheets as well as the lower end of the market.

it all goes to my plan to build up three or four things i enjoy doing. That way i don't get bored and into naughtyness, and still have a decent quality of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom