My new toy has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
Very happy today, just picked up my new toy. It's a white A45 AMG in white with pretty much standard spec except for heated seats, mirror pack and the Becker map pilot. My last car had just about everything and I hardly used most of them so gone for the minimum this time.

image-3462422154.jpg

Just put her to bed for the night and have the day off tomorrow so will take some proper pics then. Just got it this evening and initial thoughts are good. Very fast. Was really difficult keeping to a reasonable speed on the way home. Does feel a bit cheaper inside than my old C Class and an annoying rattle above my head which I hope is nothing. Was hilarious putting my foot down and listening to the noise so really pleased so far.

There are some who don't like the new A-Class but we are fans in this household and you have a beaut. My son is already lining one of these up for his next purchase.

Nice motor Chris,

My wife is after an A class as we're fans of the new one too, not the AMG version I think though :D

Very nice. Saw one locally (after I heard it approaching :D) and they look really good.

Congrats :thumb:

TDE1 said:
Very nice. Saw one locally (after I heard it approaching :D) and they look really good. Congrats :thumb:

It's much louder than I remember from the test drive which is a good thing:). Not at V8 standards but still a good noise:)

congratulation. I really like it, i was lucky enough to have a play with one around both the short and long circuits at Rockingham and it was great fun.

Enjoy.

I considered an A class when they first came out (you know the deer thing). Dealer let me have it for the weekend. Took it back and told him I hated it.

I think the new A class is just a wee bitty different.

My question is, have MB ever kept a classification whilst altering the vehicle so dramatically? I think it really should be named the Q class.:D

I considered an A class when they first came out (you know the deer thing). Dealer let me have it for the weekend. Took it back and told him I hated it.

I think the new A class is just a wee bitty different.

My question is, have MB ever kept a classification whilst altering the vehicle so dramatically? I think it really should be named the Q class.:D

Personally, I think MB are hitting the furture market for new and improved vehicles. It's the 21st century so cars are made to feel like what they are meant to feel like in this century; like those made back in the days.

I agree with what you have to say IanA2, but for those who have never had a MB, want to feel the newer century vehicles i.e. the new toys, new technology ect...

For those who have had MB's in the past or even the older models, it takes time to accept newer cars, but for now, I disagree with you cause I love the new cars MB offer.

APART FROM the (As jeremy clarkson says) 'STUPID' euro emmisions craze like DPF's, EGR's ect....

Spent some time cleaning it over the weekend:thumb: Trying to take it easy for the first 1000 miles but only 350 in so far and its so easy to go way too fast:rolleyes: My first ever whiite car as well but I think the A45 suits white.

Attachments

• IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0714.JPG
    IMG_0714.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0715.JPG
    IMG_0715.JPG
    222.6 KB · Views: 29
Tasty, tasty, very, very tasty, that's very tasty…….and WHITE. Which is……….tasty, tasty…….

Last edited:
Nice enough car - but may I ask why the change from C63 to A-class?

Is it cheaper to run? I guess more compact too.

Nice enough car - but may I ask why the change from C63 to A-class?

Is it cheaper to run? I guess more compact too.

The A45 has replaced a C350 CDi which replaced the C63. The C63 was a terriffic car but had problems as well as a drink problem. The C350 was me being sensible but I really missed the AMG. The A45 is hopefully the best of both worlds. Things have changed and I dont need an estate car now so here is the A45. TBH for me there is nothing in it speed wise. The A45 is a bit of initial lag when you apply the accelerator but it has so much more grip off the line. The sound isnt in the same league obviously but still good:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom