My new toy.....the ultimate accessory?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
You have got to be impressed with my new motor accessory. (Apologies for the poor picture!)

ramp.jpg

It is a 3.5Ton Bradbury 4 post vehicle lift, excellent for polishing the zorst and the underside of the engine.:D :cool:

Seriously, it is a really useful bit of kit, allows you to get underneath the vehicle safely to work on and makes servicing and oil changes a doddle.

blimey.... can you pick those up on eBay ?? :D

Nice toy !! I bet its good excercise lifting it up ... or is it powered ?

S.

Originally posted by sym
blimey.... can you pick those up on eBay ?? :D

Nice toy !! I bet its good excercise lifting it up ... or is it powered ?

S.

A customer was 'chucking' it out so I said I would dispose of it for him.:cool: It is hydro-electric, an electric motor drives a hydraulic pump that pushes it up via a hydraulic ram, it has a locking device in case it should start coming down on it's own.;)

I installed it in my 'garage' last weekend and have since painted it, I must take a better picture. I just need a decent tool cabinet now.

Great piece of kit Jimmy :D :cool: I bet it won't be long before you get a steady stream of forum regulars coming to visit you ;) because they happened to be passing by :p

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
Great piece of kit Jimmy :D :cool: I bet it won't be long before you get a steady stream of forum regulars coming to visit you ;) because they happened to be passing by :p

S.

Anybody here only needs to ask if they need to polish their exhaust.

Originally posted by jimmy
Anybody here only needs to ask if they need to polish their exhaust.
hahaha only if you have a Dremmel,

It would be nice to have a garage big enough to fit the car in, let alone a vehicle lift in it as well. Nice piece of kit though Im well jealous.

Yep - sure is a cool tool but I would need to extend my garage tho

Cracking Jimmy, excellent accessory, not many people can say they have their own ramp.

I know where to come now and it's almost safe to enter Northamptonshire now I have the Road Angel.

Originally posted by Simon
But what was the first car you put up on it?:D

Not mine.;)

It was a friends Land Rover 110, we tested it before we even bolted it down properly.

Bradbury Hoist

I have just installed a Hoist that looks exactley like yours in my cottage (garage loft) Do you have more information on yours as all the identification nameplates on mine have been painted over.I am specifically looking for a repair service manual.

pluggers said:
It would be nice to have a garage big enough to fit the car in

It would be nice to have a garage, full stop - I have to keep the hard top from my R129 in the garden shed!

My grandfather chose his house because the garage had a pit in it ... and he was a confirmed 'exhaust polisher' (Jaguar XK 150S drop head)! ;)

In my previous house the garage had a inspection pit. Not as handy as a lift to be sure, but I still miss it greatly. Sob.

not many people can say they have their own ramp.
I have a single post lift and an inspection pit in mine :D

I have 4 bikes, a bike carrier, camping gear, assorted tins of paint, bits of wood an array of tools and empty water bottles in mine. See we use a garage properly!! :D :D

WOuld love to have a garage with the height to take sommat like that piece of kit :rock:

janner said:
I have a single post lift and an inspection pit in mine :D

Two post 2T Tecalemet in mine, invaluable and well worth the £700 i spent buying it. Makes servicing etc simple.

pammy said:
WOuld love to have a garage with the height to take sommat like that piece of kit :rock:

Would love to have a garage..... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom