My new W205 Smells hot does yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
My sport line estate c220d smells hot after driving, dealer suggested it might be the particulate filter as these get up to 600 degrees c
Got to take it in next week to get checked, just wondered if any one else had noticed theirs smelling hot?

If it smells like smouldering rubber I bet it is the particulate filter. Does it only smell after a run in excess of 50 mph ?

ioweddie said:
My sport line estate c220d smells hot after driving, dealer suggested it might be the particulate filter as these get up to 600 degrees c Got to take it in next week to get checked, just wondered if any one else had noticed theirs smelling hot?

Only noticed this on my C250 if I have been doing a lot of short trips during the week. Fuel consumption drops a bit at the same time.

We had this issue with our B Class 3 years ago. Happened about 12 times. Stopped after 3 months.

They also told us it was the diesel particulate filter.

Ant

We had this issue with our B Class 3 years ago. Happened about 12 times. Stopped after 3 months.

They also told us it was the diesel particulate filter.

Ant

Same for me too.

Had it with the C220 and the CLS350, and yes it does smell like burning rubber.

Hi Eddie...I've done about 700 miles in my first week of S205 ownership and I can't say I have noticed hot smells.

700 miles? Is that the norm for you or are you just making excuses to 'pop to the shop again'

"Awwwwwww, sorry love, forgot the bread. Be back in 10" :bannana:

Ant

Haha...it's excessive granted, just had a busy week! Been to Manchester and Liverpool this week. 300 miles a week is my usual.

Blimey. I clocked up 300 miles in the first weekend of owning my C220. Then the novelty wore off.

;)

Blimey. I clocked up 300 miles in the first weekend of owning my C220. Then the novelty wore off.

;)

In the old days of factory collection I did about 800 miles within a day from Stuttgart to the Warrington dealership. Now that's how one get's to know a car!

In the old days of factory collection I did about 800 miles within a day from Stuttgart to the Warrington dealership. Now that's how one get's to know a car!

Yes, that's the best way. Bet it was great.

Ant.

I agree, would have loved to been able to collect from factory but I bought from Swindon and traveled back home to Lincolnshire :D Great drive, and got to know my car inside the first day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom