My new W212 E63 - ex Mercedes press car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
really like these wheels, they look great on a saloon. great thread by the way.

really like these wheels, they look great on a saloon.
They do look good, but unfortunately they're made of cheese and are prone to buckling on our shoddily maintained roads. The proper forged 5 twin-spoke AMG alloys are much stronger, but are horrendously expensive.

(And yes, I've run E63's on both types of wheel)

They do look good, but unfortunately they're made of cheese and are prone to buckling on our shoddily maintained roads. The proper forged 5 twin-spoke AMG alloys are much stronger, but are horrendously expensive.

And I really want some! I love the looks of my face lift 212, but the wheels on the pre FL were soooo much better in looks and quality. Such a down grade on the FL. I'm always on the lookout!

Love this car, it’s a quintessential super saloon.

I know chrome deleting is the current trend, but Mercedes like this look better with the chrome trim in my opinion.
Thanks - it’s a fantastic car.

I agree about the chrome trim as it suits the overall colour scheme. I think the black trim option coupled with white paintwork looks good too though.

Love this car, it’s a quintessential super saloon.

I know chrome deleting is the current trend, but Mercedes like this look better with the chrome trim in my opinion.
I disagree. But I think mainly because mine is obsidian black which makes the chrome trim stand out that much more and, in my opinion, look slightly rubbish around the windows. Going to get mine wrapped in a couple of weeks.
Just a taste thing though, obviously.

All the best designs use contrast to highlight features. That's why black works on white and chrome works on just about anything.

If you don't like chrome that's a personal thing but it does it's job of highlighting well.

It's certainly a personal thing. To my eyes it just stands out too much, and I prefer not to have that on my cars.

I'm not sure if black wrapping the trim will have the same effect on a silver car, grey IMO would be better with black. personal preference of course. Anyone seen silver paintwork with black'd trim?

I guess I must have been lucky with mine. Only issue so far was the wife curbing them. I havent done big miles so I guess I have been lucky. Something to look out for and consider.

I'm not sure if black wrapping the trim will have the same effect on a silver car, grey IMO would be better with black. personal preference of course. Anyone seen silver paintwork with black'd trim?
Yeah that was kinda my point about the chrome on a black background...I don't mind it so much on other colours as it's not quite so conspicuous.

I've had genuine MB black strips and removed the chrome 😀
20211125-123509.jpg
[/url]

I disagree. But I think mainly because mine is obsidian black which makes the chrome trim stand out that much more and, in my opinion, look slightly rubbish around the windows. Going to get mine wrapped in a couple of weeks.
Just a taste thing though, obviously.
Lol. You and I are polar opposites on chrome and black.:cool:
I'm keeping mine, I like it.

Lol. You and I are polar opposites on chrome and black.:cool:
I'm keeping mine, I like it.
Ha! And thank goodness we don't all think the same 😁 I'm going to keep the badges and the front grille chrome but the rest will go.
You have black exhaust tips though don't you....?

Ha! And thank goodness we don't all think the same 😁 I'm going to keep the badges and the front grille chrome but the rest will go.
You have black exhaust tips though don't you....?
Yes black exhaust tips. I have the night pack, but still have the chrome around the windows and boot? Must have been specified by the original owner.

Yes. I have the night pack, but still have the chrome around the windows and boot? Must have been specified by the original owner.
And the front grille and splitter or not?

Brilliant blue metallic 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom