My new wheel setup - what do you guys think? :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the wheels and the car looks great but have you got the correct size tyres?

The Pirelli's have a lip that helps to protect the alloy rim from kerbing but your wheels protrude further than the tyre lip.

Cheers!

They're just within the manufacturers recommended alloy width guidelines, they're not really protecting the rims from kerbing but I've been super careful with the SLK so far (touch wood) not touched a kerb in the 2/3months I've had it.

I really like the look, it's not as in your face as some of the "stanced" cars you see on wheel whores etc but more of a subtle look to not sacrifice safety by trying to squeeze 6" tyres on a 10" wide rim etc

Very 'tasty', both the car and the wheels :thumb:

I too don't like all black wheels, the silver or polished rim sets them off nicely.

That's nice :thumb:

(Kerbing would be a worry for me too, but hey ho.)

As you asked for opinions...

It would look much better if you bought tyres to fit the wheels or even wheels to fit the tyres, just because they are within spec doesn't mean they 'fit'. Currently looks like you've done it on the cheap with mismatched partts...the sort of thing that will probably happen when it's ten years older and had ten more owners along with a boot spoiler and a bunch of stickers etc!

Very nice, they fill the arches nicely, have you lowered it also?

I think they would look better with silver star centre caps, you can make them fairly easily, I'd lose the carbon wrap caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom