My old Alpina B10 V8 up for sale...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
Strangely now, I've seen it up for sale twice since I sold it.

Once a lot closer to when I sold it in 2005 (maybe within 5 years of that) and now.

Looks like it has been well-cared for.

I liked this one as it had all the options I wanted (folding M5 mirrors, tinting, DSP audio (which was crap anyway and not Logic 7), 19" wheels and the genuine rear spoiler).

Nearly all of them had crappy-looking wood which I didn't want.

I did like the red leather and liked the balance of red to black in this one (some can have a sea of red) but I would have preferred the silver metal trim you got on the sports.

But a guy called Ged from Sytner Nottingham told me when I first went to see them about finding an Estoril Blue one that I could wait forever and not find the spec I wanted.

I monitored the market for a long time after and he was spot on!

Alpina B10 V8

That is a...

Bold interior....

Of its time....

The red interior trim reminds me a bit of the red dial surround on a 70's BMW 2002 Turbo.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for these

This is the kind of thing you could get - just like on some Mercs and would have been too much for me (proper pimps boudoir!):

bmw-alpina-b10-v8-switchtronic-432419095-7.jpg

Ooh, those seats look comfy. 💘

I don't think they're standard, almost certainly custom-trimmed Recaro Style Toplines. The switchpack on the passenger footwell shot is the giveaway.

I don't think they're standard, almost certainly custom-trimmed Recaro Style Toplines. The switchpack on the passenger footwell shot is the giveaway.

No, they're not.

Was just to highlight the sea of red one could buy!

@ringway The seats in the Alpina were BMW "Comfort Seats" as standard I think - we spoke about them recently.

However, those aftermarket ones do look comfy although as before, the BMW Comfort Seats in the E39 were amazing.

No, they're not.

Was just to highlight the sea of red one could buy!

@ringway The seats in the Alpina were BMW "Comfort Seats" as standard I think - we spoke about them recently.

However, those aftermarket ones do look comfy although as before, the BMW Comfort Seats in the E39 were amazing.

Either set of seats look comfy, but I'm reeled in by the sumptuousness of the red ones.

That really is a lovely car.
It looks fabulous and a real credit to its former keepers. The more I look at it...

I used to be in love (and still am) with the 635 CSI's.
When around 30 years old, I was once offered a 628 CSI but didn't buy because it wasn't the 635.

The guy selling it was a customer of mine and a very shrewd operator, so maybe that put me off a little even though he was a really nice guy.

I think the main regret about not buying this particular 628, was that it came with the reg number 42 BMW.
At £3.500 for the car including the plate, I seriously missed a trick there.

C'est la vie...

I used to have a 540i E39 so naturally had a soft spot for B10's, I thought they seemed a bit more understated than the M5. I think I was the odd one out with the interior trim because I loved the warm wood effect, every other E39 owner seemed to want to ditch it in favour of carbon fibre or aluminium.

My Favourite Wheels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom