My old S124 E36 for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglips

My old E36 estate. I loved this car. If I had space to store it I would consider buying it back. eBay item 181513745424

Last edited:
the item no is for a ferrari pls publish an actual link

258k how much more the engine has before it gives up, and i am unsure if the price is fair either

Well who knows when any of our cars will decide to give up?

All I can say is that it didn't seem to have many horses missing when I owned it and used no oil between services. Always a slight gamble with high milers but reflected in the price. I had a lot of interest when I sold it. Try buying any S124 these days that is not a rot box - steadily rising in prices let alone a 'proper' AMG.

i think it was on before if the 2 was a 1 in the price i will gamble on it purely on rarity, 2.5k is high i think considering possible problems, as a matter of fact what was the mileage when u let it go, and when did u sell it pls

Tempted I must say.

Well, if your looking for a rolling restoration of a rare AMG, it has to be a top contender. Budget a modest two grand p.a. over three years while actually using the car?

Gone on, gone on, gone on! :D

Last edited:
258k how much more the engine has before it gives up, and i am unsure if the price is fair either

That's the sort of mileage you buy the car for, just to see how many more miles it will take. Throw it away or break for spares when/if it dies.

I sold it about 5 or 6 months ago and I know the current owner has spent a fair bit of money on it since and was doing a rolling resto on it. Very nice guy to deal with.

If you are willing and it needs ,eventually, say a top end rebuild, then it should last another 200k or till your bank account gives up!

To me, high milers are fine so long as the body is presentable and that it doesn't reflect the mileage to begin with. Sadly this one does.

Last edited:
i am thinking with being 2nd time i can neg on the price afterwards hoping to get lower than start price, if i am armed with info from u

dinoy said:
i am thinking with being 2nd time i can neg on the price afterwards hoping to get lower than start price, if i am armed with info from u

Not sure if you mean it like this, but my interpretation of your comment "I can negotiate on price afterwards" means you'll win the auction and then knock the guy down on the price you've bid, then that's pretty shabby isn't it?

Apologies if I've read your message wrongly...

Not sure if you mean it like this, but my interpretation of your comment "I can negotiate on price afterwards" means you'll win the auction and then knock the guy down on the price you've bid, then that's pretty shabby isn't it?

Well, I couldn't really make head nor tails of what he was trying to convey. Thanks for shedding some light on a possible meaning.

Well, I could be wrong, and if so I'll apologise unreservedly.

There's certainly enough people complain about the issue when selling via 'e' Bay, and it must be irritating to think you've sold at a price and then the winning bidder says 'I'll only pay you this much'...

I think Dinoy is saying that if he knows how much the OP sold the car for, it puts him in a good bargaining position; he'll know what there is to play with...

no i am assuming like last time no bids, email seller with chicky cash offer after the auction is complete if they think it will achieve 3k start at 1k make us all fight for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom