My old SL500...sob sob sob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh, I'm not selling it. I part exchanged it over a year ago. It just popped up on eBay and caught my eye

Very fulsome advert. Was it really an out-and-out minter when you sold it?

I know the early R230 had its foibles but they still look stunning now, the facelift angles never really suited the shape and the R231 follows the same path.

A R230 SL65 is pretty much my idea of convertible heaven.

Very fulsome advert. Was it really an out-and-out minter when you sold it?

In all fairness you'd struggle to find a better one. I was 9.5 out of 10, near but not quite 10/10

Are you going to buy it back?

I'd love to, but the selling price is too far from the part ex money I got for it and I don't think I'd get both cars in the garage. If the seller lets me have it for the part ex price I got for it, I'd buy it, but I think that pretty unlikely

I like the wheels, but then I would say that.:bannana:

But was the boot 'pond like':D? or did you do the DIY seal repair?

In all fairness you'd struggle to find a better one. I was 9.5 out of 10, near but not quite 10/10

DSB SL AMG said:
But was the boot 'pond like':D? or did you do the DIY seal repair?
Boot was dry as a bone when I bought it
I then drove it to Scotland where it rained most of the week and it was still bone dry. I did do the mod on the seal at the bottom of the rear screen and on the C pillars using the black loctite silicone and did the rear arch mod as a precaution. It has never leaked during my ownership. All seals were also regularly cleaned with alcohol wipes and treated with Gummi Pfledge too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom