My other modes of transport!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamesfuller

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C240 Elegance & S210 E320 CDi Avantgarde
Some of my bikes.

The Orange P7 in action (sleepless in the saddle 24hr)

And after its tidy up and service alongside the Merlin.

One of the retro road bikes.

:D:D:D

1988 Wheeler 2090

1993 Kona

My Modern bike

This was just after it was built, have since changed the saddle, bars, stem and wheels!

Bit different to the off roadies but here's my genesis fixie.

Had it years and still love it.

D9330A6F-AD6B-4D0F-AB4B-B352A4EED170-28015-00000F77AC907A72_zpsd99ce112.jpg

James. Is the Peugeot an Iseran lightweight? I had one until lending it to my Brother. Weird...the same fate happened to my old Carlton as well.

Sambo. That fixie looks great.

image-2629188845.jpg

mines a bit smaller...

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

James. Is the Peugeot an Iseran lightweight? I had one until lending it to my Brother. Weird...the same fate happened to my old Carlton as well.

Sambo. That fixie looks great.

I couldn't tell you, I decided one day to start looking for a road bike, the Peugeot was on ebay with 6 mins left so some random bidding took place!
I don't know road bikes that well so cant age it from components either. It has 27 inch steel rims and its a 10 speed with shifters on the stem!

A week later I was given two bikes, a Dawes and another Peugeot but a bit later, probably mid to late 80's.

Both Peugeot and Dawes bikes were excellent in their day.

Both Peugeot and Dawes bikes were excellent in their day.

Considering their age, both Peugi ride very well! I only really bought it as it was a cheap bike that didn't look flash so could be left outside the gym with no worries. I ended up using it for a few longer rides, I just can't resist the draw of the bridleways and green lanes though so don't get much use.

Having had a lot of fairly rubbish bikes when I was younger and always hankered after the latest tech etc but could never afford it.

I decided a couple of years ago when I wanted to get back in to mountain biking that I was going to build a bike that would be exactly what I wanted.

953E0C1E-907F-4AA6-806F-34F4B2226832_zpszrrreotx.jpg

The project started with a little known company called Pronghorn using there lightweight full suspension frame. To that I added a good smattering of XT and XTR components and a set of very light Rockshox SID carbon world cup forks and mavic UST wheels. The bike is far more capable than I am but I do enjoy giving it a thrashing. Just need to get fitter.

Finally finished the resto the other day , decals arrived from the states ! It's not been a 100% period correct , but is mainly there ( brake levers are from a later group set for example , m737 instead of m730 for the bike geeks among us lol )

1990 team marin , deore xt2 , mavic m4 rims

Had the frame painted silver ( would have been Matt grey originally ) so in keeping , but gives it a little lift.

Couldn't find a period Marin saddle either , so have put a flite titanium on it ( same era )

It is absolutely lovely to ride , and puts a lot of modern stuff to shame , these old hard tails of yesteryear really were well made and designed.

Might do some of the other ones down the range next , pine mountain or palisades trail. I've got a bear valley in the process of rebuilding at the mo already !

Attachments

• image-2798606831.jpg
    image-2798606831.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 28
  • image-3941074661.jpg
    image-3941074661.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 22
  • image-1284443857.jpg
    image-1284443857.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 22
The Marin is looking very nice howard. There is a 94 Muirwoods on ebay at the moment that is quite tempting me! But I really don't need any more!!!:D

The Zaskar is on hold at the moment, I've decided to get the Wheeler into race ready condition and go really old school for a race that is coming up soon.

A Link to the work so far... Getting the Wheeler ready! | Retrobike

Went from a quick tweak and set up to hunting down quite a lot of old stuff!:eek:

Lol , there is a GT Karakoram just done the road that is tempting *me* also !

Got the inferno orange paint job too ;)

I do like the mad colours you used to get on bikes. They are all white or monochrome now, you turn up on a ride out and the retro stuff really stands out.

I will hopefully get at least 2 bikes finished this year! The Wheeler has got to be done by March. Then I can finish up the GT, got pretty much all the parts now and the frame is in fresh powder coat!

I built this 12 yrs ago , as was parked in my old flat..

still using it , only replaced the bottom bracket , pads ,grips and numerous tubes..

Currently fixed to the turbotrainer in the garage..

And one of these which is new and unused:

531933d1269894115-post-your-gt-here-securedownload_large.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom