My parked W124 was smashed. Need help fixing her!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1989w124

Car
W124 300D
Hi everybody,

Very very sadly my W124 was smashed on the driver side by a drunk driver.

The driver side doors now need replacing, and the mouldings need to be replaced too.

The car is white, with grey mouldings.

My evil insurance will not cover it, they see it as an economic write off, with £ 2,000 worth of damage to the car.

I won't scrap the car.

My question is, where do I start to source doors and mouldings, apart from dealers?

Is there anybody out there who fancies the job?

I would imagine eBay will have the bits for you and I can recommend CKLClive on here to do your paint. You will probably want to check nothing important is bent before you turn down the insurance though.

you mean chassis wise?

i took the car to be evaluated for the insurance, and they didn't mention anything wrong with anything else apart from the body work....

Speak to Nick at Euromerc for the door

My Homepage

Where in London are you ?

Buy a cheap doner w124. loads floating about on autotrader and ebay etc. that would be the best bet.

Buy a cheap doner w124. loads floating about on autotrader and ebay etc. that would be the best bet.

Buy a whole car for a door ? a bit overkill , surely ?

sorry i should eleborate more..

if you get yourself a doner car all bits and bobs you need will be a straight swap. if you can find one in white then that will be a bonus.

it will probably work out cheaper if you can find one in the same colour than sourcing bits like the door etc then spraying it? also you might find parts missing. At least with the doner you have everything intact.

Then make it more worth yourwhile and lift off anything else for you own car from the doner.

Last edited:
Buy a whole car for a door ? a bit overkill , surely ?

very true i re-read the the OP post again and see its just the door! i was under the impression that the drunk twatted the whole side of the car including the wing etc.:dk:

very true i re-read the the OP post again and see its just the door! i was under the impression that the drunk twatted the whole side of the car including the wing etc.:dk:

I think it's both doors.

I have at least one very good door for you, not sure if it's front or back but will need to be re-sprayed in your colour as it is blue/black, no mouldings on it though.

It's free if you want to come and pick it up :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm in west london.

The wings are damaged but I might be able to get away with some light panel work there... but both doors are twatted.

I like the idea of a doner car- it would make things easy.

EDZ649

Thank you so much for the offer!!!! whereabouts are you based?

Hi,

I'm in west london.

The wings are damaged but I might be able to get away with some light panel work there... but both doors are twatted.

I like the idea of a doner car- it would make things easy.

EDZ649

Thank you so much for the offer!!!! whereabouts are you based?

I'm based in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex.

If you know it was a drunk driver why is his insurance not covering the repair or have I missed something?

DSM10000,

I have a witness to the accident, but no plates to ID him. The witness said he was driving erratically and swerving, so presumed drunk. Sadly, the insurance see it as a "fault" claim, and as such are being total ****ers.

EDZ649, that's not too far! thanks once again. I'll PM you if I can make it down.

Speak to Nick at Euromerc for the door

My Homepage

Where in London are you ?

What Howard said - Nick should be very clued up on what to do and source the parts.

Sorry to hear, I was clearly lucky with my recent bash that the other side was at fault and the repair was economic, but you are only one swipe away from a write off nowadays.

thanks charles,

what's even more heartbreaking for me is that I resprayed and fixed all the body work 2 years ago. She didn't have a scratch on her....

thanks charles,

what's even more heartbreaking for me is that I resprayed and fixed all the body work 2 years ago. She didn't have a scratch on her....

Sometimes these things happen and you dont have any control over them. Dont beat yourself up over something that has happened. Check the main structure is ok, i.e. chassis is not twisted and its only for the most part cosmetic damage. Then get a plan together, maybe throw in some mods you'd like to do and bring it back to its former glory if not better. :thumb:

dsm10000,

i have a witness to the accident, but no plates to id him. The witness said he was driving erratically and swerving, so presumed drunk. Sadly, the insurance see it as a "fault" claim, and as such are being total ****ers.

Edz649, that's not too far! Thanks once again. I'll pm you if i can make it down.

no cc tv in the vicinity= nearby street - the perpetrators car would be easily spotted from frontal damage?

Sometimes these things happen and you dont have any control over them. Dont beat yourself up over something that has happened. Check the main structure is ok, i.e. chassis is not twisted and its only for the most part cosmetic damage. Then get a plan together, maybe throw in some mods you'd like to do and bring it back to its former glory if not better. :thumb:

absolutely- i've stopped hyperventilating now and am looking at the job in hand!

as for the cctv- wow. i've been going nuts trying to find something. All the private ones on the road were 'faulty' (my ****- they just don't want to get involved methinks)

My only hope now is TFL's box junction camera... which itself poses ethical questions... running to the devil for help? blimey... it's a low!!!!

sorry to hear of your demise rest a *****d it can be fixed, if you need any help give
me a shout

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom