My R230 SL350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's a 2004 car so were all those options available? I would guess that they were?

In 2007 anyway: Bose added £575
18" Wheels £1480
Parktronic £605

So an extra £2660 just on those things and it all begins to mount up.

Mine doesn't have Bose either...I don'y think?! Normally has the Bose logo on the speakers, right?

It's a 2004 car so were all those options available? I would guess that they were?

In 2007 anyway: Bose added £575
18" Wheels £1480
Parktronic £605

So an extra £2660 just on those things and it all begins to mount up.

Mine doesn't have Bose either...I don'y think?! Normally has the Bose logo on the speakers, right?
Correct, it will say Bose on the speaker grilles. Actually I think you are better off without Bose as it makes swapping out the dated COMAND system easier but back in the day Bose was a sought after option.

Hey guys a newbie here 👋. I've recently purchased myself an SL350 too (boredom within my furlough period is partly to blame) but so far I absolutely love her. It was a toss up between the SL or a Z4. As I'm just approaching the ripe old age of 40, I fancied something that has comfort as well as power so the SL won hands down in the end! Looked at the SL500's but I honestly couldn't justify spending an extra £6k just for the engine noise and more costly servicing.

Hats off to the previous owners as the car looked like it had just left the showroom, its in immaculate nick and for just under £6k I think an absolute steal. Its going to be a weekend only car and trips to Spain/ South of France when the lockdown ends.

Hope you enjoy your 350 as much as I’ve enjoyed mine. The worst thing so far is that I can’t get out in it due to this damned virus.
Booked for MOT next week now with 10,076 miles on the clock
All previous MOTs are clear passes so I hope that stays, also the car was Main Dealer serviced every year and road taxed for 12 months every year yet barely was used.

I got the gearbox serviced and changed the electrical connector by a local MB independent but I serviced the rest myself with fresh Mobil 1. The oil I drained out was the cleanest oil I’ve ever drained out of a car in my life.
I’ve also made a tailored block to hold the roof semi open to facilitate cleaning out the drain channels, essential on the SL.D8383E6F-0BF0-49EF-9656-E380ED27EA6B.jpeg

Just realised the photo is with my prototype block. The finished one is much better.

Here’s another general shot of my car.

C5078BDE-8F26-415D-8D6B-B4971782AEAE.jpeg

What a beauty. Looks like you have the exact colour as mine. Is it the light blue that sometimes looks grey depending on where the sun hits it? Mine is a lot higher milage, its got 76k on the clock. It doesn't really concern me too much as I'm unlikely to put more than 3-4k miles a year on her, she will be tucked up in the garage over the winter months.Screenshot_20200524-072910_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200524-072935_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200524-072922_Gallery.jpg

Colour is Tellurite Silver, it does have that nice blue tint in the sun. I watched mine for a couple of months and even drove all the way down to Alderley Edge to see it. I wanted one with parking sensors and pano roof but this one didn’t have the parktronic.
Love the interior colour of yours, I much prefer light interiors like the porcelain trim in our CLS.
Make sure and check those roof drains properly. My car looked perfectly clean but it’s amazing just how much debris was stuck down the drain tubes when I “jacked the roof up”
I used some soapy water drizzled down the drains and assisted by light use of the blow gun on my airline to wash them out.

Took this photo yesterday after returning from the MOT test.
The colour blue shows up quite well in the sun.

Attachments

• AE626CC0-684F-4826-8FC0-CD40C87F6AD3.jpeg
    AE626CC0-684F-4826-8FC0-CD40C87F6AD3.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom