My R230 SL350

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Love it, thinking seriously about adding one of these as our second car.
There’s a nice low mileage one 7,600 odd miles priced at £15,000, but it doesn’t have parking sensors which I reckon are a must these days.

Keep us posted on this one and how it drives.

Wow! 7600 miles? I thought mine was low (29K when I picked it up) and I paid nearly that for mine. I 'm amazed though that someone spec'd an SL without parking sensors?

I've only taken it for a couple of long-ish drives so far. One in the Peak District for a day out but I've booked a longer touring holiday in Northern Spain and then on to our place in SW France in the Spring/Summer. I'm hoping it should be nice for that sort of touring.

Yes it’s a 2007 model in silver sitting in a dealer in Cheshire. Pano roof and dark wood finishing as well but it’s the no sensors that sort of kills the sale.

Where is it advertised? I couldn't find it on Autotrader.

I’m sure if the rest of the car is a good as you’d expect, for an SL with 7600 miles you’d find the means to retrofit parktronic - or worst case a high quality aftermarket system if it was a concern.

Most older SLs didn’t come with parking sensors, and I guess for the occasional use that one had maybe the original owner wasn’t too bothered? Or disliked them perhaps! :)

Car looking great as usual Derin :cool:

Thanks Will!

Re: the one without parking sensors...to be honest I think I would just do without them. I mean, it's nice to have them but one can get used to not having them I'm sure.
They don't work at the moment on our BMW X3 (In fact, they never have done in the whole year that we've owned it! LOL!) and both my wife and I have got used to it.

I'm just really surprised that all R230s didn't have them as standard rather than a cost option but I've just checked in the 2007 Price List brochure that I have and Parktronic was indeed a £605 optional extra!

I think Command sell and fit worth a call..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks Will!

Re: the one without parking sensors...to be honest I think I would just do without them. I mean, it's nice to have them but one can get used to not having them I'm sure.
!

If you can train your wife/partner to give proper hand signals, you could probably do without parktronic :cool:. I do find it difficult to park cars with a very low driver position.

It’s advertised on Pistonheads. On page 5 I think.

Ah yes...got it!

I must have looked the ad when I was searching for one before I bought mine and just didn't take the details in because I ended up focusing only on the later SL350s with the 272bhp engine/7-speed gearbox. I probably just didn't even register that it has only 7K miles on the clock.

I think I probably still would have gone for the one I did because it was exactly the spec I wanted and despite the 29K miles it had 10 Service stamps.

That does look super though and I'm not sure the parking sensors would be a total deal breaker for me.

If you can train your wife/partner to give proper hand signals, you could probably do without parktronic :cool:. I do find it difficult to park cars with a very low driver position.

The important word in that sentence is "If"....Lord knows I've tried! :D

I'm biased but aren't R230s gorgeous? Surely a future classic.
Yes, I think they look brilliant! I remember when they first came out and my neighbour at the time living in Glasgow got one of the first ones in Scotland and I thought it was stunning!

Yes it’s a 2007 model in silver sitting in a dealer in Cheshire. Pano roof and dark wood finishing as well but it’s the no sensors that sort of kills the sale.
Surprised the original buyer opted for wood trim and panoramic roof but didn't go for parktronic, Bose or 18" wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom