My RR Sport HSE ownership experience so far

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 37751

I bought this RR Sport HSE about three week ago to replace my Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE and besides the lack of two seats in the boot (as in the D3) it is a far superior vehicle; sits a lot better on the motorway, although it shares the same engine as a D3 the Sport is better on mpg, seats are comfier and it feels a lot more car like to drive.

I wanted the N/A V8 but they were so few and far between that I took the easy route of the TDV6.

Averaging mid twenties fuel-wise, the D3 was late teens lower twenties.

Mods so far include five new 22" Overfinch Tiger alloys, colour coding of bumpers, wing mirrors and side skirts. Also changed the side indicators from orange to clear.

Here's a few photos;

Last edited by a moderator:
And for anyone interested, the standard specification on the HSE puts the German marques to shame; HK audio, heated seats front and rear, memory seats, 6 cd changer, parking sensors the list goes on and on....

Just being nosy here. Do you try to make a bit of money on your rapid car turnover, or are you happy loosing some money for the pleasure of trying so many different cars?

With everyday cars I always seem to loose money after 6-12 months. But on the sports cars I break even (spend enough on maintenance though!)

Happy motoring.

I really like them, the 2010 model cars are particularly improved and I still really miss mine. Great car for going absolutely anywhere in!

Just being nosy here. Do you try to make a bit of money on your rapid car turnover, or are you happy loosing some money for the pleasure of trying so many different cars?
No problem, I like to share these things.

I try and aim to break even, for example I paid £4350 (which was a fair price) for the S211 I've got up for sale and I will have spent about £300 on it by the time I sell it, so as long as I get near my original cost then I won't be too worried.

I expect to maintain cars regardless so I don't necessarily include that in the costs because ALL cars cost money to run, although some expect them to go 20k miles without an oil change...

And for anyone interested, the standard specification on the HSE puts the German marques to shame; HK audio, heated seats front and rear, memory seats, 6 cd changer, parking sensors the list goes on and on....

.....orange spray tan, false ****, aggressive driving........

Innit.

Given a good clean today, also shown with clear side repeaters...

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Very nice on the outside but how long will land rover continue to use 1980's austin rover metro parts on the inside!?

Very Very nice on the outside but how long will land rover continue to use 1980's austin rover metro parts on the inside!?

I'll have you know that the interior is hewn from a block of granite as are all Land Rover vehicles and I'm sure Charles will back me up in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom