My S202 is for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tron

Car
S203 220CDI.
Finally decided that I am too old to be spending my time under cars and, coerced by my partner, I have bought a new car which arrives very soon so here is what is on offer:

S202 C250TD R402 EDV.

Tools:
Set of EPC DVDs. Unused.
OBD2 scanner with Mercedes round connector and manual. Unused
Carsoft 7.4 clone with disk.Unused.I have had no luck with this!
Pancake type spring compressor. (Very happy with this, it makes the job easy and safe.
Diesel pump socket for delivery valves. Used once.
Balljoint splitter.
"So Wirds Gemacht" German manual.
"Encyclopaedia Mendacaea" Haynes Book of Lies.

Bits:
Two good wings needing very light work and paint. No dents or serious rust.
Rear sun blind for s202(Rear door blinds already fitted.)
Headlamp washer and wiper kit from salvaged car.
Complete EIS (ECU for c250TD with steering lock and a key.)
A lower wishbone, two upper wishbones,Lemforder lower balljoint and a front spring.
A Meyle drag link assembly with track rod ends.
A new evaporator and a new drier.
New rear discs and ATE pads.
RHS rear drop link (LHS already fitted.)
Delphi rear suspension link kit(one already fitted.)
Front mounting bushes for Rear sub frame.
Steering idler bush.
Two and a half cans of paint and an unopened litre of etch primer for the wheels when I got around to them.

Work done since beginning of July 2017:
New aircon condenser and regas.Working very well.
replacement mirror assemblies.
Tailgate replaced with VERY good silver unit. All functions reconnected.
Leather interior fitted and electrically operated seats wired in.
New front discks, ATE pads, n/s lower wishbone, spring (Sachs to Elegance spec.) and balljoint (Lemforder.)
New ARB bushes.(Delphi and Bilstein)
New front Dampers, (Monroe)
New Sachs rear springs (S202 Elegance spec) and Sachs dampers.
New cat downpipe and new set of exhaust rubbers.
New battery.3 Yr g/tee.
Dings removed from rear doors.
Four new 205/55/16 tyres on five spoke mercedes wheels
Fitted with locking wheel nuts.
Kenwood DAB radio (And antenna) fitted with cd, aux in and USB input. A very good set indeed (says this radio engineer who worked for Dolby, Moog
and Soundcraft!)

That leaves the car which has 111,000 miles and an MOt until June 2018.
The bodyshell is damn near perfect. there is no grot in the rear arches and the sills are pristine as are the jacking points, front and rear.
There is no corrosion around the back of the battery area. That is why I bought it. History is not as important as future!
It is Azurite blue, the engine is sweet and powerful (More so than my old one.) The gearbox is seamless.
The leather interior is good and grey. All the locks and windows work well.Heater and aircon all working properly, no duovalve issues.
Jack and toolkit First aid kit and warning triangle all present like the owner's wallet, v5c and a sheaf of history.

Known faults:
The windscreen is tired. Tailgate needs painting. Front wings starting to get tatty.
Creaks, clonks and rattles in the suspension which the parts fitted and yet to fit ought to cure.
These have infuriated me to the point where I have decided to get shot of it and that is the reason why it is for disposal.
No towbar fitted nor ever has been.
The car looks very tidy. It sits at the correct ride height so appears very pert and well cared for.
Drives well and smoothly and I have averaged 500 miles a week in it. Particularly, the ride is comfortable and the car stable.

Price and availability; I shall be wanting £1,000 firm for all of this which is a (small)fraction of what I spent. This (with some work,) ought to procure what will be the best S202 estate in captivity with many years ahead of it. My new car will be ready for collection in around a week's time from Harlow in Essex and from there on in, I shall have no use for the Estate.
If you are interested, please contact me via email: tomattomshepdotcodotuk.

Thank you again, forum providers. The S202 has found a new home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom