My shiny CL55 AMG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Hello all,

Got my CL back from the body shop on Tuesday, bonnet resprayed, roof resprayed, 2 dents removed by PDR and wheels refurbed.

So I took today off work as she is going into the dealer tomorrow morning for an oil change and also the fact it's meant to rain tomorrow which would be an issue with any cleaning plans!

The bodyshop gave the full car a light polish and wax so it was looking pretty good so no befores and the inside was valeted by the dealer so it was also clean excluding dust in the vents, some dirt on the headliner and dusty door jambs.

Plan for today was to clean/protect the interior, give the engine bay a wash (again, it was caked in dust from the body shop :roll eyes:), quick wash outside and polish the exhausts. I managed everything bar the exhausts - started at 8:15am and finished at 7pm (stopped about 50 mins for dinner and various coffee breaks).

Process/Products:

Interior:
Vac'd,
Autoglym Interior Shampoo on mats and headliner,
Plastic parts cleaned with Meguiar's APC,
Leather (practically full interior!) cleaned with LTT Ultra Foam,
Leather protected with LTT Ultra Protect,
Plastic parts dressed with Aerospace 303,
Glass polished with Autoglym Car Glass Polish,
Door jambs cleaned with Meguair's APC

Engine bay:
Rinsed,
Meguair's APC sprayed everywhere and agitated with various brushes and a sponge,
Rinsed,
Dried off,
Aerospace 303 applied and left to dry

Exterior:
Rinsed,
Foamed with Angelwax Fast Foam,
Wheels/Callipers/Tires/Arches/Exhaust cleaned with Meguiar's APC,
Rinsed,
Washed 2BM with AngelWax Superior Shampoo,
Rinsed,
Autoglym Rapid Detailer sprayed and dried off.

So now for pics (suspension was raised to the highest setting to clean the arches, never bothered lowering it back down):

Engine pics taken at last clean (only difference is this is Autoglym Vinyl Rubber Car which looks the same as 303 anyway!)

Hope you like, I'm totally over the moon with the car and can't believe I actually own it - wanted one (albeit the CL600 but the AMG is nice too) for the longest time and its not sunk in yet.

Thanks for looking and comments/criticism welcome. :bannana:

Looks great. Lovely shine. Mine going in for detail next week.

Thanks guys. :)

SL350_Swindon, it is Sonax Xtreme Gel - comes in a kit with a applicator for about £12. Leaves a excellent wet look finish.

It does look great! I'll invest in some

Can't beat the gleam of a nice polished and waxed black car!
Looking great Marty:thumb:

Looks amazing. Excellent results from the spraying and detailing.

such an awesome machine!! top colour combo too.

Looks lovely. The interior, although not identical in appearance to my MY2005 S320CDI, looks very very similar.

This CL is in good hands, nice job!

I've noticed that your passenger's seat badge is not indented. It's a pretty big job but if you want it fixed, let me know your email address and I will send some Mercedes instructions to you. The seat will have to come out but it's a DIY. Had this done not long ago in my CL.

The car is shouting for a wood&leather steering wheel.The good news is I have one for sale :D

The car is shouting for a wood&leather steering wheel.The good news is I have one for sale :D

Does it come with cutouts for the shift buttons?

Stunning job :thumb:

If ever you want to practice on mine . . . . . :D

Great work, looks fantastic. There are very few CL Kompressors out there so it's good that the Forum CL's are being looked after :thumb:

Yes join the AMG 55 Wood and Leather Steering Wheel Club.

That was one of the first mods I did.

Very funny Sean. I must admit it does sound a bit like the Derby and Jones Club :thumb:

Does it come with cutouts for the shift buttons?

Nope.It's not an AMG one and it came off a w220

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom