My Son (Harry) and I went to drrol over some Supercars....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
A few on this forum have the luxury of owning such cars.... many of us can only dream.....
H sat in his all time favorite Supercar the Bugatti Veyron.... Not many 14 year olds can say that!!

Last edited:
I used to drive past Romans at Banstead all the time. Nice to see that they just still park the cheap stuff - SLS :) - outside!

The owners have an errr "interesting" reputation.

That California has got your name on it dude...

How does the financing work on these operations, anyone know? If all those cars are bought and paid for by the dealer/ship, that's serious amount of capital tied up.

How does the financing work on these operations, anyone know? If all those cars are bought and paid for by the dealer/ship, that's serious amount of capital tied up.

most likely to be some form of floorplanning agreement, short term finance agreements linked to one or a number of finance houses. Used to work for the leading system provider for this, going on an audit with a finance house is at times an eye opening experience

Funny.... I did ask this.... They own all of the cars bar the yellow Aventador which is on sale or return...... As you say a serious amount of capital....

Funny.... I did ask this.... They own all of the cars bar the yellow Aventador which is on sale or return...... As you say a serious amount of capital....

I'm guessing the margins must be substantial to justify such a tie up.

abecketts said:
most likely to be some form of floorplanning agreement, short term finance agreements linked to one or a number of finance houses. Used to work for the leading system provider for this, going on an audit with a finance house is at times an eye opening experience

Is that the same as '"unit stocking" or is it a similar type of arrangement?

Not necessarily, as ABecketts pointed out. The value paid for each car may be financed out until sold, so only interest is being paid on each car.

Is that the same as '"unit stocking" or is it a similar type of arrangement?

Many car dealerships will have unit stocking agreements... Very easy to check... just do an HPI check on a car in stock and unit stocking will show up..

They get charged interest per day... hence why many dealerships will really want to get rid of stock after so many days...

Easy way for them to have lots of stock but can really eat into margins..

Its quite expensive for most smaller dealers to have.. Approx 15-20% APR is about the rate + a per car fixed set up fee, normally around £100-200... on a daily basis its not a lot but have a car in for 3 months and that car will soon have no profit left in it.

The larger groups must get the financing at next to nothing.

Last edited:
jaymanek said:
Many car dealerships will have unit stocking agreements... Very easy to check... just do an HPI check on a car in stock and unit stocking will show up.. They get charged interest per day... hence why many dealerships will really want to get rid of stock after so many days... Easy way for them to have lots of stock but can really east into margins.. Its quite expensive for most smaller dealers to have.. Approx 15-20% APR is about the rate + a fixed set up fee, normally around £100-200... on a daily basis its not a lot but have a car in for 3 months and that car will soon have no profit left in it. The larger groups must get the financing at next to nothing.

Thanks for the insight Jay...

If you ever visit Berlin you just have to find "Classic Remise" way out in the west half of the city: there's no motor museum in Berlin but this place is a walk-in private storage depot and not listed on the tourist info. Everything from rusting 2CV's in their garages up to Lamborgini LMOO2's parked next to mint DB5's. 7 or 8 rally Stratos' up on the shelves, Nobles, Mclaren's and Enzo's in the glass bubbles or showrooms. Half of them are up for sale also! It's free to walk around though so long as you keep your mitts off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom