My Stable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

unimog

SUPPORTER
Car
W203 C350, AMG GT63s Coupe 4dr
Thought I would share a few pictures of the GT's stablemate, my C350 daily driver. Owing to work commitments (and the fact its winter and I'm not home) they are both in storage. The 350 will be getting a dose of detailing TLC come the spring along with a bit of service work and brake rebuilds.

W203 C350.png IMG_6255.jpeg IMG_6256.jpeg

Very nice collection indeed ! The 350 would look pristine with a polish. I'm running 2 mercs too, i have an old E class w211 from 2007 as a daily and it has such a nice ride quality it is unreal. I'm a fan of a two car set up. But sadly no AMG GT 4 door !!!!!!

The C class is a great car, spent a lot of time driving company ones when I was younger so have had great affiliation with them. This car is what the 'baby' Merc should have been, quiet, refined and comfortable. This particular car is a low mileage one owner car, it has every option except memory seats (the guy's wife didn't drive), even got the detachable tow ball still in its original box, with the full size spare and tool kit! It's also very much a sleeper car, sounds good when pushed!

It does need a bit of TLC, I have had it a bit but the last 5 years before I got it it had done very little mileage, currently at 43000 miles I'm pretty certain the discs are original along with all the drop links and control arms, so as well as a major service + gearbox I will do all shocks, springs (it has a broken front coil spring currently) as well as all control arms and bushes. It will feel like a new car!

One thing I will say is that for a 3.5 V6 its surprisingly good on petrol, I have been running it on Super Unleaded only, but even knocking around town it does a very reasonable 26mpg, better than my previous diesel CLS350SB on a winter city run! Its not unusual to get 37+ on an airport run.

The C350 in this spec is also something of a rare beast, according to how many left there were only 27 of them to come to the UK, and currently only 15 that are licensed or SORN.

IMG_5818.jpeg IMG_5934.jpeg

The C class is a great car, spent a lot of time driving company ones when I was younger so have had great affiliation with them. This car is what the 'baby' Merc should have been, quiet, refined and comfortable. This particular car is a low mileage one owner car, it has every option except memory seats (the guy's wife didn't drive), even got the detachable tow ball still in its original box, with the full size spare and tool kit! It's also very much a sleeper car, sounds good when pushed!

It does need a bit of TLC, I have had it a bit but the last 5 years before I got it it had done very little mileage, currently at 43000 miles I'm pretty certain the discs are original along with all the drop links and control arms, so as well as a major service + gearbox I will do all shocks, springs (it has a broken front coil spring currently) as well as all control arms and bushes. It will feel like a new car!

One thing I will say is that for a 3.5 V6 its surprisingly good on petrol, I have been running it on Super Unleaded only, but even knocking around town it does a very reasonable 26mpg, better than my previous diesel CLS350SB on a winter city run! Its not unusual to get 37+ on an airport run.

The C350 in this spec is also something of a rare beast, according to how many left there were only 27 of them to come to the UK, and currently only 15 that are licensed or SORN.

View attachment 92403 View attachment 92404
Nice. Even rarer than my facelift W204 C350 with the M276 direct injection engine. The country’s overrun with about 50 of them! (I only know of one other that’s similarly specced.) I bought it new eight years ago and still love it. Even using all 306 horses it still manages to nudge 40mpg on a decent run. Oh, and I have the memory seats too because my wife does drive it. (And the seats are comfort ventilated, even rarer in a C-class.)

Thats quite a car! I missed a perfect facelift 350 estate in the spring last year that had a great spec and mileage, I looked at 3 and those were poor spec examples with patchy history.

Is there a actual moggie in the stable ? I'd find that more interesting !
I’m afraid not, yet! I keep looking.... I have been looking out for a resto project but I don’t have much time at the minute as much as I want to!

Absolutely love this combo.....

your spec game is on point! both old and new.

With the rather changeable weather of late its curtailing my enjoyment of both cars, I happened to shoot this start up video the other day hoping to scare away the clouds...

Love where the black van has parked in the first picture! :doh:

Matt

I actually quite enjoy going to the supermarket, especially Waitrose. However, its 15 miles away down some good roads, so no matter how much I try and secure the load it always seems to look like this when I get home:

View attachment 100184

So you haven't discovered the shopping bag hooks yet?

View attachment 92403 View attachment 92404

how do you get these reports?

lovely cars btw

cheers

So you haven't discovered the shopping bag hooks yet?

Well, the bag hooks aren't very well placed, they are about 350mm from the boot floor, and the standard shopping bags are about 450mm high. Even tying the handle around the hook doesn't seem to help... they eventually let go. I have the crate to go in the floor rails but its massive, I'm going to buy one of those pool inflatables from Aldi and use the tyre compressor to blow it up around the shopping, it will be the only thing to keep it in place!

Edit: I actually just suspended the bag in the middle of the boot using a bungee strap either side, didn't loose that much on the way home!

Its my only complaint, but then it isn't really a shopping car.

I think you need a better destination for that car than the supermarket! If you had any more fun driving back you would mix the ingredients for dinner 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom