My star is gone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marque

Car
S211 E220 CDI Avantgarde (2006/55)
I think it happened last night when my 211 was parked on the drive. Looks like a clean take - no damage. Probably some lads, coming back from a night out, saw the star and decided to pull it off. I thought I heard a car alarm, but it seemed to be far away (or maybe that was me). I shall have to park nose-in in future. :(

So, the question is what to do about it. Replace the star, get a flat badge or just leave it? Is there a flat badge available for the 211? What sort of price are they?

We do a flat badge kit for £29.38 inc vat.
Its not an official MB bracket but it is an official mb badge.
It works very well and is a doddle to fit.

Had this one a while ago (thieving tossers:mad: ), and decided to go with the proper star. £30 ish and 5 mins to fit; felt much better:D
rob

flat badges are ok, if you have big modern wheels or big add on mods i thnk a flat badge may suite but the star is always i thin the way to go..

Cheers

IMHO

No offence to Gareth, but I've found the flat badges to look quite horrible on most mercs... It just looks... wrong...

A flat badge would fit a DTM or a VERY sporty merc, not an E-class. On an E-class you want style, you want sophistication - not racing car bits...

Go for a proper star; shouldn't cost more than £30 from a dealer. I had a look on EPC and they seem to retail for around £26 for the 2006 E-class. The exact model depends on your cars generation (they changed in 2006) so you will need to know your registration or preferrably, chassis number...

M.

I had mine twisted 90degrees..which basically removed it from the springs..and dropped at a touch..impossible to refit back so a replacement was fitted..
What i want to know is what do they do with these stars..this is not the 60's when VW badges were hot property..is it just pure childish behaviour..would be nice if it does the fold into body work like the Rolls...although i dont think the retail value of the Merc 3 pointed star is in the same level as the Rolls silver lady..

These people just do it "for a laugh" to impress their equally-mindless mates. It's a sad indictment of our society, I'm afraid. If I could be bothered to look for it, I would probably find the star discarded in someone's hedge down the road. Let's face it, a Mercedes-Benz star looks like it's made to be pulled. :rolleyes:

Our road is pretty quiet and we don't usually have any trouble. I will just have to remove the obvious temptation for the occasional drunken lout by parking nose-in.

Make the most of Merc's keep the star, want a flat badge? buy a BMW

One final point... what would you use to "aim" while parking? (or, if you're half as childish as me - when some fool cuts you off? You can always immagine that bond-rocket-launcher wired under the bumper.... the star is your targetting aid of course ;) )

I was thinking to remove my star... til one day it got yanked off by some yob. Ever since that day i've vowed to continuously replace it with the star... but then again i'm really stubborn.

I'd replace it. It's poor luck but you're unlikely to be repeatedly targetted unless really unlucky.

Never mind - they might have a worthless broken £20 star, but you've still got a beautiful 2-year old Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Jealously eh! ;)

Will

You can get a star for a fiver from GSF...(although this price was for a W124).

I was thinking to remove my star... til one day it got yanked off by some yob. Ever since that day i've vowed to continuously replace it with the star... but then again i'm really stubborn.

Try isolating the star and wire it up to the mains..lets see if the yob see stars when lit up like a christmas angel..:D

Talking of bad luck, my star got nicked 1 day after i got a new one fitted :(

I vote keep the star also, I always park my car nose-in when visting my mum and dad.

Had my bonnet star nicked a while back and got a new replacement from Euro Parts for under £20. Original Merc part number, but a tenner cheaper than the local Merc dealer.

... til one day it got yanked off by some yob

There was a spate of car vandalism near a friends house recently, scratched cars etc. One of the residents buys & sells cars and suffered a few thousands worth of damage so he set-up a video camera and a "bait car".

Turns out the vandalism was being done by some quiet 55 year old bloke whilst walking his two dogs! Needless to say with the video evidence the Police dragged him in and the guy with the damaged cars is now seeking damages... The story goes his wife didn't have a clue what was going on when the police called, and now she has to walk the dogs because he can't / won't show his face.

Everyone in the area thought it was youths or drunks, just goes to show, do you really know your neighbours.......

I've had 4 or 5 stars removed from my various old mercs over the years.

Since I moved a bit back my cars have always (so far) been left alone. I really don't see the attraction in nicking them. Little *****

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom