My star is gone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had 4 or 5 stars removed from my various old mercs over the years.

Since I moved a bit back my cars have always (so far) been left alone. I really don't see the attraction in nicking them. Little *****

Ahh..never know..could be the neighbours..:D

We do a flat badge kit for £29.38 inc vat.
Its not an official MB bracket but it is an official mb badge.
It works very well and is a doddle to fit.
Great sales pitch but:
You could buy the flat badge off the W204, much cheaper than the flat badge kit :)
That ornament is now £19.49! The fittings on it are plastic FFS! :rolleyes:

Definitely fits and looks good.

I'd replace it. It's poor luck but you're unlikely to be repeatedly targetted unless really unlucky.

Never mind - they might have a worthless broken £20 star, but you've still got a beautiful 2-year old Mercedes-Benz E-Class. Jealously eh! ;)

Will
Cant believe the jealousy you come across when you own a merc., and mine is 8 years old next month.

You can get a star for a fiver from GSF...(although this price was for a W124).

GSF got done back in 1999 for selling fake or non OEM Merc Stars and passing them on as OEM Stars with the MB holograms on the packaging - they were made in some back street shop in Turkey apparently...:eek

Great sales pitch but:

That ornament is now £19.49! The fittings on it are plastic FFS! :rolleyes:

Definitely fits and looks good.

Are you sure the 204 one fits?

The 204 stand up star is the same as the s-class one, the base is plain silver without the blue laurel design.

**EDIT**
After some measuring i reckon they are interchangeable. 204/221 plain base star. Star with blue mercedes benz base and 204 flat badge.

Last edited:
Are you sure the 204 one fits?

The 204 stand up star is the same as the s-class one, the base is plain silver without the blue laurel design.

**EDIT**
After some measuring i reckon they are interchangeable. 204/221 plain base star. Star with blue mercedes benz base and 204 flat badge.
The w204 one fits, worked out thus:

204 bonnet will accept flat or upright ornament.
upright ornament is from 221 (so the flat ornament will also fit a 221)
211 bonnet has a 221 ornament on facelift (so flat ornament fits facelift 211)
pre-facelift 211 shares bonnet with facelift so flat ornament also fits

pre-facelift 211 from the factory came with 202 ornament so flat ornament will also fit 202 (which it does, I have one on my car :) ).

The w204 one fits, worked out thus:

204 bonnet will accept flat or upright ornament.
upright ornament is from 221 (so the flat ornament will also fit a 221)
211 bonnet has a 221 ornament on facelift (so flat ornament fits facelift 211)
pre-facelift 211 shares bonnet with facelift so flat ornament also fits
pre-facelift 211 from the factory came with 202 ornament so flat ornament will also fit 202 (which it does, I have one on my car :) ).

LOL i just got them both out of stock and compared them :D

Bonnet star

Hi just had mine taken, rang MB about the W204 one retails at about £19 with vat and the star about £27 plus the vat, he personally recons he sells about 30 a week so not good.
Possibly the W204 one is the way to although have read that there is about a 1mm gap at the front, was also considering putting a small ammount of silicone sealant around the edge of the dip to seal and protect the bodywork.
As for the badge do MB have a flat badge that is the same size as the old one that could be just glued to it, have seen some guy that uses the existing badge but uses a custom white star that is fixed to it i think that it is from the states.
Regards Mark

One final point... what would you use to "aim" while parking? (or, if you're half as childish as me - when some fool cuts you off? You can always immagine that bond-rocket-launcher wired under the bumper.... the star is your targetting aid of course ;) )

Spot on!

needs a big harpoon to shoot out of the grill when the star is touched so it impales the thief through the groin and you can deal with him at your leasure

a guy i work with has adapted his star with a strong magnet,if he parks anywhere dodgy he just pulls it off.And i dosen't look any different

To me, the models that normally have the star on the bonnet look ridiculous with a flat badge, it's a bit like a face without the nose... :crazy:

It's another reason why I keep the car in a secure garage, if the parking skills of ye average London driver would not already be reason enough.

We'll all have it happen to us at one point, but the star is cheap enough from the dealer - the very small change in the cost of motoring I'd say...

If we all join hands and say together:-

"May their ears turn into ar5eholes and sh1t on their shoulders"

it may just work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom