My Stealth C Class Coupe w204 Progression Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayaonline, Jun 1, 2015.

1. jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    Hello,

I've been browsing this forum for quite sometime now, however I have owned my Mercedes C Class Coupe since Jan 2015. It was a difficult decision trying to choose between the C Class Coupe and the BMW 3 Series e92 Coupe, but trying to find a BMW with the perfect spec was like trying to find a needle in a hay stack. The C Class offers so many standard features, it would have been silly to say no when mine came up for sale.

Optional Extras:
    Comand Sat Nav with Media Interface
    Panoramic Sunroof
    Harman Kardon Surround Sound
    Reverse Camera
    Lighting package
    Privacy Glass

Since owning my car for almost half a year now, I think it's time for a new look. I have changed a few minor things along the way, but I have decided to go for a "Stealth" All Black theme. So here is my progression thread documenting all of my changes.

Please feel free to comment and share your ideas/ thoughts...

Anyway less of the chat here is a few pics of my 2012 C Class Coupe C220 AMG Sport when I first went to view/ test drive it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. C180CGI

C180CGI Active Member

Car:
    C180 1.8 CGI 2012 ELEGANCE
    Looks amazing!

3. geraldrobins

geraldrobins MB Enthusiast

Car:
    VW Golf, past c200cdi
    Looks fine to me. What have you changed or plan to change?
    Personally and just my opinion I don't like the privacy glass as it impairs visibility through the car for others.

4. OP
    OP
    jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    Thank you!

5. OP
    OP
    jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    I've done a couple minor cosmetic things nothing too major. I'll post a few pics later.

I agree with you on the poor visibility of the privacy glass. During the daylight hours it's not bad at all. During the dark it's a nightmare as it's difficult to see when you're reversing. Luckily the reverse cam and parking sensors help.

6. OP
    OP
    jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    Pretty much as soon as I got my car home, I decided I needed to tint the tail lights slightly (light smoke) as the red clashed with the black too much.

[​IMG]

Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]

After: (I forgot to take an 'after pic' after I had finished, so this pic was taken a couple of days later) - Excuse the filthily car ):
    [​IMG]

7. OP
    OP
    jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    The next stage was to source a decent set of number plate surrounds, and change the tired number plates which the came with the car.

Luckily, I managed to locate a MB dealer with the AMG number plate surrounds which makes the car look 100x better in my opinion. I also got a set of number plates with the GB logo and boarder.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

8. OP
    OP
    jayaonline

jayaonline Member

Car:
    C220 Coupe
    Completely forgot to keep this updated. The next subtle changes where the chrome details to black. Starting with the LED Daytime Running Light surrounds.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Then the chrome boot lid strip...

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]