My steering lock went down

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wraakian

Car
Mercedes E220 BEFF Cabriolet
Hi, I have already opened new threads some time ago but back again after some time away. My 2011 E220 cabriolet steering wheel lock has recently gone down. I was at my fitness club and on coming out found I could not move the steering lock or start the car with the key. After a £110 check of the problem I have now been given an estimate of £1336 for the repairs to be done by Mercedes Manchester (Near Etihad Stadium). My local service center could not fix it due to not being able to get parts from Mercedes! I am now waiting for my car to be returned to me but I asked for a courtesy car due to my being disabled and thus far they have not been forthcoming with one? I am so disappointed that my well looked after 6 year old Merc has had such a major fault on it when it has only done 56,000 miles over the 6 years and they have not even had the decency to give me a courtesy car when I am paying them so much money and waiting so long (2 weeks so far) to get it done! Maybe I should have purchased a more reliable Japanese car?

Last edited:
Mercedes will not supply security-sensitive parts without ID and proof of ownership, such as keys, locks etc.

I have posted previously about the same topic with my '58 W204 C220cdi Estate. Cost best part of £1000 and had to be carried out by a MB Dealership due to security issues as noted above. Car was in Herefordshire and I live in Kent so had to be relayed whilst I drove home in a hire car at my cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom