My third CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gunning

MB Enthusiast
Car
800BHP Rothmans 911 / Range Rover / s212
So at the weekend I decided to fly up and buy my third cls. This one being a w219 CLS500.

I'm very pleased with its condition, almost like new to be honest! It currently wants for nothing having new pirellis on it, brakes look good and no stand out issues. The previous owner had it for 8 years so a good sign!

It has factory amg kit which I wanted as I don't like the standard w219 bumper. It's not fully loaded but not bad it has almost everything I'd want.

It is a bit quiet but I don't want it uber loud as it's not massively quick so I don't want all noise and not enough go. Anyone have any good ideas for this?

The plan is to make it a super clean example, no mods apart from the exhaust really.

Attachments

• image-1098032440.jpg
    image-1098032440.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 261
Very nice. That exterior treatment is a desirable set of options and quite expensive to do ex-factory.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice one. Secondary cats and resonator removal with a x-pipe should free up some V8 growl.

Congrats, looks very nice . Agreed on the AMG bodykit, I'm looking to get back into a CLS ( 219 ), my last CLS ticked all the boxes bar the AMG kit. I need the next car as a daily so unsure whether to go oil burner only issue is the diesel models seem to be quite low spec.

nice purchase, they are great cars. Is it 08 2008 on wards with the face lift? If not its worth getting the grill done at least.

Nice.

I didn't really like the CLS until I saw a CLS estate in Travemunde, Germany and then fell in love with them.

Just found this picture, looks similar.

Last edited:
Looks a nice car

Thanks comments guys! I'm hoping to keep it a while (a while for me is a year)

It's a 2007 pre facelift which is odd that it doesn't have the 5.5 v8.

If I was going to change the grille I'd go for the 3 fin amg one.

It's indium silver I believe, the other silver has a blue hint to it.

Shame it has new Pirellis on it as you may want to get shot of those. I've "toughed" it out on my Pirellis over the winter, rears are getting low, fronts are fine but I'll change out all of them soon.

Nice looking CLS (Banana) though :D

Looks nice in silver. I've had my '05 for 18 months and it's a great car. I had the secondary cats removed about this time last year and it has improved the exhaust sound a lot. It's not Halfords boy loud and doesn't drone on motorways at all. When you do boot it you know it's a V8. It cost - from memory about £80 to get the old section cut out and an x pipe welded in.

Talking of tyres, I've got the 19" AMG wheels with Falken 453's. The rears are nearly on the limit and while they've been ok, I need to get new rears, then fronts when they need changing. The price of tyres of tyres seem to have shot up in the past month or so and I've no idea what I'll replace them to.

I've also got the single slot grill that was on it when I got it and it does make it look a lot different to other CLS's I've seen. I can post a picture if you want to see it.

Looks good OP!!

I've had my CLS for two years in August but never tire of it and how it looks.

I toy with the idea of selling my daily E320 for a CLS320 purely based on the looks of the CLS haha

Each to their own, I think the single slat grill looks awful on a W219 :(

They are great cars, had mine for three year and loved it. Changing it for an A4 tomorrow

I like quad pipes on the cls but this isn't a 55 so it won't be having them. Two is enough as anymore would make it look faster than it is.

I won't be going down the single slat grille route as for me I don't like making a car look newer than it is. Personal choice as it doesn't look bad to be fair :)

Good advice on the exhaust front, I think secondary cats and x pipe is the way to go with this one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom