My W123 240TD Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a111r

MB Enthusiast
Car
S123 240TD, S210 320cdi, S202 250TD.
DSCN2682.jpg

DSCN2684.jpg

I can't post in the 'Project' section, apparently...
I've been working on this, on and off (mostly off) for the past few months.
It was an MB demonstrator until the P.O. bought it at 14 months old in 1984. He kept on top of corrosion and underbody protection quite well but not so some of the mech. items...original brake discs and the SLS valve were pretty shot at 161K. I swear the air filter was the original...crumbled to dust. Now all replaced and refurbed.

It's a 7 seater in Sand Beige (just about passable respray) and Henna cloth. Nice Becker Europe radio casette and under seat safe fitted. Luckily I still have some 1980s tapes and a 1983 passport.

Longterm, I'm thinking the engine may have to be swapped as it has around 40 BHP/tonne!:eek:
I've been considering the various OM swaps that could work....any suggestions, guys?

Last edited:
Longterm, I'm thinking the engine may have to be swapped as it has around 40 BHP/tonne!:eek:
I've been considering the various OM swaps that could work....any suggestions, guys?

A very retro looking w123 you have there.:thumb:

A nice easy swap would be the om606.910 from the w124 e300 diesel, 130bhp 6cyl. Or you get go for a newer turbo diesel with some wiring work...

Last edited:
:cool:

Keep it secure because that will be very highly sought after for export, a lot go missing in london

You'll get used to the lack of movement!

A very retro looking w123 you have there.:thumb:

A nice easy swap would be the om606.910 from the w124 e300 diesel, 130bhp 6cyl. Or you get go for a newer turbo diesel with some wiring work...

I'd be happy with an turbo OM605, a non-electronic OM602 IP with late OM606 elements.

What's your specific strain of STD?;)

I'd be happy with an turbo OM605, a non-electronic OM602 IP with late OM606 elements.

What's your specific strain of STD?;)

om606.962, om606.910 injection pump with 8.5mm elements, modified borg warner s300 turbo, 6 speed manual. Dyno proven 2.5 bar boost with 508bhp at the wheels.:D

super%20turbo%205_zpspumgy3ot.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You know you want one in your w123!:devil::devil::devil:

Cant see the pics! have the links died?

Hi,
Most pictures from older threads were lost from Photobucket when they started to charge astronomical prices for hosting photos.

Steve.

Ahhh, Thanks! I thought that might have been the case. Seems a lot of these hosting sites are dying out!

The top pic is extant.
The second I probably wiped off my PB a/c.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom