My W124 coupe and unreliable friends.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
After buying my SL500, my W124 hasnt had much of a look-in and has been sat in the road looking sorry for itself for nearly three months.

I'd promised it to a friend (for free) who lives in France and despite reminding him that he needs to pick up the car for nearly 3 months now, today he decided that he wasnt going to take it afterall.

So the tax runs out at in less than a week, and its MOT has already expired, the car is parked in the street and I'm on a 11AM flight in the morning to the US for two weeks and then a further week after that in Morocco.

Basically my mate has now landed me with a pretty major problem and if no family member is willing to take the car on, I need to get it shifted and off the road before the DVLA start breathing down my kneck.

So it looks like I may just have to let it go in order to ensure I dont get done for no road tax.

So if anyone here is interested in taking this problem off my hands before the tax runs out then make me a stupid offer.

I'm posting this in general in case anyone has any other bright ideas.

Picture taken today.

Attachments

• w124a.jpg
    w124a.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 264
After buying my SL500, my W124 hasnt had much of a look-in and has been sat in the road looking sorry for itself for nearly three months.

I'd promised it to a friend (for free) who lives in France and despite reminding him that he needs to pick up the car for nearly 3 months now, today he decided that he wasnt going to take it afterall.

So the tax runs out at in less than a week, and its MOT has already expired, the car is parked in the street and I'm on a 11AM flight in the morning to the US for two weeks and then a further week after that in Morocco.

Basically my mate has now landed me with a pretty major problem and if no family member is willing to take the car on, I need to get it shifted and off the road before the DVLA start breathing down my kneck.

So it looks like I may just have to let it go in order to ensure I dont get done for no road tax.

So if anyone here is interested in taking this problem off my hands before the tax runs out then make me a stupid offer.

Picture taken today.

Maybe you mail off SORN today and a member near you has a spare bit of private land you could put it on till you get back?

You can declare SORN online.

Picture taken today.
Not enough posts for a pm but very very interested .My son has been after one for some time, may make a nice surprise. I its in order can I post a mobile no on here?

is your inbox full Sp!ke ? I could be there today if necessary

I've got a few PM's on this but havnt had a chance to get to them.

Currently in Orlando, trying to work out todays agenda so will likely tackle it later.

We buy anycar.com may be worth considering depending on how much you want for it, but will mean its shifted quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom