My W124 Coupe Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi just a update the car has been painted today :) so here are some pictures

Attachments

• p3.JPG
    p3.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 150
  • p4.JPG
    p4.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 148
  • p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 196
some more

Attachments

• p5.JPG
    p5.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 148
  • p6.JPG
    p6.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 146
  • p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 147
Looks nice so far.... Just out of interest, has it been painted with the ducktail in situ ??.... If so, I would have thought it would have been more advantagious for it to have been painted with all the other removed bits of trim such as bumper inserts, morrors, cladding, etc...

Looks nice so far.... Just out of interest, has it been painted with the ducktail in situ ??.... If so, I would have thought it would have been more advantagious for it to have been painted with all the other removed bits of trim such as bumper inserts, morrors, cladding, etc...

Hi

Im not 100% sure if it was painted with it on then put on as I didn't actually go and take the picture I asked the guy at the body shop to send me some pictures but looks like it may have been. Will ask the question :)

Ooooo this should be interesting.....

Looking nice.... another old Merc lives to fight another day... well done, looking forward to the final pics....

It should be having, oil filter, fuel filter, oil change done next week garage have said it would be good to get engine oil flush, not really sure what this is but a friend told me its nt good as it can mess up my engine (don't think my mate knows what he is on about though) what are your opinions people :)

Q's?

1, were the front wings removed for rust treatment around the inner arches
2, how did they treat/method rust
3, why did they paint the boot spoiler on the car

Q's?

1, were the front wings removed for rust treatment around the inner arches
2, how did they treat/method rust
3, why did they paint the boot spoiler on the car

Hi

1, I was told they would be yes
2, Can't fully remember but I think something like grind, fill paint waxoyl not sure what order
3, I didn't ask to be honest (but will do) Does it being after market have any difference by any chance as this isn't an original AMG Spoiler

Unfortunately I don't have detailed step by step pictures of this as I just go and take pics when I get a chance to

1, sorry but from pics they have not been removed trained eye :(
2, no where near good enough it will come back as soon as sorry mate
3, looks like they painted it on the car no matter what and that is a no no trust me

sorry to be honest but hey thats me and if its worth doing then do it properly
and better than factory

1, sorry but from pics they have not been removed trained eye :(
2, no where near good enough it will come back as soon as sorry mate
3, looks like they painted it on the car no matter what and that is a no no trust me

sorry to be honest but hey thats me and if its worth doing then do it properly
and better than factory

IF it comes back then I will buy new wings and paint them again and why is painting it on the car a no no? and honesty appreciated more advise the better :)

all trim, bumpers etc should be prepared and painted off the car that is the proffesional standard and if painted on the car it will crack the paint edge where it meets the bootlid plus prep is not good enough

all trim, bumpers etc should be prepared and painted off the car that is the proffesional standard and if painted on the car it will crack the paint edge where it meets the bootlid plus prep is not good enough

Ok, thanks for the advise :) will bare all these details in mind for the next one :)

Ok, sorry to be picky dont want you to throgh good money after bad
and not knowing what you asked the bodyshop to do or the money you are paying

:thumb: No worries mate and if I have any issues with it I will take it back to them and have them sort it anyway so no worry on my part but nice to know for next time.

:thumb: No worries mate and if I have any issues with it I will take it back to them and have them sort it anyway so no worry on my part but nice to know for next time.

Your welcome mate,
dont like anyone being taken advantaged of or given wrongful advice
no matter who they are club members or not it, it all counts and its free

Does anyone know where I can get original mats for my car ?

the AMG ducktail has been painted whilst on the car as in this pic you can see as you look across it there is not a clear join and in some parts where it sits on the boot its got paint and other parts it has not, close end there are small gaps, middle there are no gaps, might be camera angle though

30149d1339852836-my-w124-coupe-project-p1.jpg

id hate to have a car resprayed as id be so picky and expect it to be done like it was new but for £50!

ive got a set of original mats that the bloke who i bought me convertible got off ebay 6 months before i bought the car but they are cream coloured

Hi

Just noticed that :) will make sure it's not like that when I collect it , I'm hoping they will check everything before they hand it over

Oh and I want black mats but thanks for the offer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom