My W124 Ownership..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tempted to buy a C124 E320..

I have always wanted a C124, and recently the mid life crisis really kicked in, so I have made the decision to bite the bullet and buy one. :doh:

Found a really nice E320 in near my work.

But before I go and have a look at it, can anybody recommend what to look out for? What are the problem areas on these?

I have already read about the E320 wiring loom issue. Any other issues I need to be beware of?

One more thing, as far as I can found out, the E320 had a 5 speed auto instead of the earlier 4 speed auto boxes, or am I wrong? :dk:

Would appreciate any help.

Im glad you have shared your list with us, makes me feel much better, I purchased my CE230 around 18 months ago as a project I have bought AMG Kit, full leather interior, sebring back box, 17" AMG monoblocks and loads of little trims and I have recently been spending like crazy but I tend to just put the receipts in a file lol so not sure what I have spent but I still have a full service, MOT, Tax and a new steering wheel to buy (oh and I have the bill for the spray job to pay when its done next week :S) But you only live once:)

Since this thread my running costs have cut significantly, done a few bits and bobs here and there maintenance wise but mainly just paying the price of pertol these days and not for parts! :thumb:

If I'm honest havn't really driven the coupe that much really since the last service in October 2011. Done about circa 4,400miles.

Will re-asses the old girl this October...

If I'm honest havn't really driven the coupe that much really since the last service in October 2011. Done about circa 4,400miles.

Will re-asses the old girl this October...

thats nothing Billy. last year, i did 600 miles in mine. All with the hood down. :D

I've already done more than that this year in one trip to Wales.

Although, whalst its raining or threatening too, it doesnt go anywhere, so that might be it for this year.

thats nothing Billy. last year, i did 600 miles in mine. All with the hood down. :D

I've already done more than that this year in one trip to Wales.

Although, whalst its raining or threatening too, it doesnt go anywhere, so that might be it for this year.

You pair are both trying too hard. Mine had an engine upgrade awhile ago (about 18 months:eek:) and I have done less than 500 miles in it since then. Should go over that figure when it goes to CKLClive later this month for a respray. Then back up north for a further power upgrade:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom