My W202 C43 AMG

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by Feeble, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Feeble

Feeble Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Hi guys. Just wanted to share a picture of my C43 with you lot. Any idea why the wheels aren't staggered? It's got the wide 18's on the front and back. They appear to be the real thing though, numbers stamped on the back and all that...

Anyway, hope you like it as much as I do! :)

[​IMG]

clk320x, a111r, merc85 and 4 others like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Ignore the state of the drive, it's on the long list of things to do...

3. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    [​IMG]

I bought a set of mint black seats for it a few months ago as the black/silver ones were tired. They're safe and sound in my loft for now. Just gotta get the wheel and shifter retrimmed and I'll be happy!

Sills want doing (Not surprisingly) but that's a job for the Spring. It'll be alright for now!

Had a Vivianite Green C43 a few years ago and a C32 more recently, so am no stranger to this age of Mercedes and their rust issues. Wings and arches got sorted a month or so ago. Only drive the car on weekends to save the mileage and the fuel costs. Love it to bits though! :)

Edd1968 likes this.
  4. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S212 E63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Hi,

Could be wrong but they look like 18x8s all round not the wider 9Js that come with the staggered sets.

They’re from a W210, the E55 had the wider wheels (as did some standard 210s with AMG wheels as a factory option) but I think perhaps some of the early cars (maybe E36 etc) might not have had the wider rears?

Regards the interior - good move, the two tone seats and matching wheel/shifter looked okay when the cars were new but didn’t age very well, and usually look better in pics than they do close up!

I’d try and find a spare steering wheel and shifter though to keep your original ones with your seats? Doesn’t matter what condition the leather is in obviously if you’re getting them retrimmed either :thumb:

Feeble likes this.
  5. Abb

Abb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes C43 W202 Project, Mercedes ML350, Honda Fireblade RR-D
    As far as I know the W202 C43 didn't come with 18's. They came with a staggered 17" set up. I am currently restoring one and have purchased a set of staggered 18's as I think they suit the car very well.
    The staggered sets are much less common on the 2nd hand market and demand a higher price, so maybe the previous owner decided to upgrade to the 18's and found a well priced set??

Feeble likes this.
  6. alabbasi

alabbasi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

I'm trying to but I can't :(

Feeble likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    I don't know if they're the wide version or not, probably not, like you say. When I bought the car the previous owner had put spacers on the back and the wheels rubbed on the arches! The front ones seem to stick out a little bit too far but don't seem to be causing any problems.

Regarding the steering wheel, it's had some white leather paint applied at some time which looks rough now. And I think the shifter is just a Sport one, so easy enough to just get a black one to match the seats I suppose. I think I did that in my last C43 and it cost me about £15. Good idea! :)

Hard to believe it was supposedly laid by some guys who literally travel the whole country doing driveways! You'd think their work would be better! :p

merc85 and alabbasi like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Just checked and the fronts are 225/40 and the rears are 255/35 so maybe they are staggered after all...

9. Abb

Abb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes C43 W202 Project, Mercedes ML350, Honda Fireblade RR-D
    OP, if they are staggered, it should be easy to see, as the rear ones will have a deeper lip on them than the fronts.

Feeble likes this.
  10. C43AMG

C43AMG MB Club Veteran

Car:
    500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ), 2010 Brabus Smart ( Exclusive ) )
    Great looking car, i had one for six years. As Abb said they originally came with 17" monoblocks and the 18" where from the E55 and where staggered.

More details, mileage, age what mods etc I see it has parking sensor's which is very rare and the Avantgarde Grill

merc85 and Feeble like this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Hi Abb. I wouldn't say it's easy to see (which is why I thought they weren't staggered) but the lip is about 10mm deeper on the rear.

It's got 116k on it with FSH and it's a 1999 model just before they changed the gearbox I think. It hasn't got many more options than what you can see, my last one was an ex demonstrater which was fully loaded to the max, and while I kind of miss all the options none of them really changed my life. The rain sensing wipers weren't much cop, auto dimming mirror was forgettable. I would like the xenons again, but prefer the look of the car without the little wipers. I do miss the folding mirrors. Oh and this one doesn't have the BOSE sound system or Becker head unit, but someone's installed a pretty good Pioneer unit with Bluetooth calling so that's handy.

I do feel as though I paid a little over the odds for it at £7k but I'm not planning on selling it so I try and forget about that bit! :p Just going to keep up the service schedule and enjoy owning such a rare car again!

12. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    [​IMG]

Safe and sound. I did list them on eBay for about ten minutes but I'm not desperate for the money and they're pretty comfy seats for when I turn the loft into a gaming room or something! :D

Edd1968 likes this.
  13. poormansporsche

poormansporsche Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W209
    Got a Uber rare brand new late carbon w202 steering wheel in the shed if you fancy something a bit different to the 43 one :)

Abb and merc85 like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    Is it the same shape as my current one? If so, I had one on my last C43 and I loved it, so yes I'd be interested depending on price, holiday and Xmas coming up and all that... :)

15. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
  16. C43AMG

C43AMG MB Club Veteran

Car:
    500L ( W221 ), 2014 AMG CL 5.5 Biturbo ( W216 ), 2010 Brabus Smart ( Exclusive ) )
    Those seats are mint. I remember your Mint Green C43, unique. I also had a great C/F Steering wheel :)

That's what i sold mine for, must be eight years ago now :rolleyes: Mine was a 2000 model. I put E-Class Blinking door mirrors on mine which looked great + i retrofitted a MB Comand unit.

17. OP
    OP
    Feeble

Car:
    C43 AMG
    The black seats are in very nice condition, compared to mine which have 116k miles on them. Apparently the black ones came from a 270k car so I don't know if the leather was more hard wearing on the black ones or what but they're loads better! I found the difference very surprising!