My W202 is finally finished!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Well, until I think of the next mod!

Couple of pictures of my car as of Summer 2011 - 147k on the clock :bannana:
-C43 AMG Bodykit compete - yes really!
-Wheelarch & underbody, jacking points, door sills rust removed and weather proofed with Dynax & Waxoyl
-W210 Blinking, Folding, Dimming, Heated Mirrors
-Aluminium side repeator hole covers
-OEM Roof mounted GPS ariel
-OEM AMG Floor mats
-Dimming Rear View Mirror
-OEM Auto Rain Sensor
-LED W5W 5000k White sidelights
-LED Festoon 5000k White rear numberplate lights

IMG_2388a.jpg

My favorite shot:
IMG_2392a.jpg

IMG_2401a.jpg

IMG_2383a.jpg

IMG_2381a.jpg

IMG_2386a.jpg

More pictures in the gallery HERE

Last edited:
Your car looks the business, I'm sure you can find some more mods to do still :D

Are you planning on having the side repeater covers properly blended or leaving as is? Also, is it riding higher on the left front than the right or was it parked on a hill?

Love the 210 mirrors on a 202, suits the car really well :)

Are you planning on having the side repeater covers properly blended or leaving as is? Also, is it riding higher on the left front than the right or was it parked on a hill?

Love the 210 mirrors on a 202, suits the car really well :)

Its slightly higher on one side due to having a new spring fitted a couple of years ago.

I guess if the rust returns on the wings I may look into getting new wings and filling the holes in...

Its slightly higher on one side due to having a new spring fitted a couple of years ago.

I guess if the rust returns on the wings I may look into getting new wings and filling the holes in...

I think you can buy the US spec wings with no indicator hole if you're going for new ones mate.

Your cars looking fab now Karl loving the mirrors and the temporary wing covers to hide the duplicate indicators. Have you connected the GPS antenna to anything or is it just for looks, it does give the car a very high spec look to it. In terms of remaining mods maybe OEM xenons with wash wipes or side blinds ?

A job well done Karl, a great looking car. Congratulations.

Definitely one of the nicest 202s I've seen. Good job matey!

Looking real nice - credit for having the patience to wait on those skirts :O)

Thanks for the comments! :)

The GPS ariel is just an empty shell at the moment :eek: which ive sprayed 744 body coloured.

The late US spec had them for the OEM carphones, maynot be to everyones tastes but I like the look :thumb:

Looking good Karl but please cover them indicator holes properly

+1 ;)

It looks fantastic from a distance though, very nice...

Like the matt black effect on the rear bumper. Did you spray that? If so, what type of paint did you use and how did you prep it?

I've been tempted to do something like that to the AMG bumper on mine but was looking at Matt Vinyl instead of spraying in case I din't like it.

Last edited:

lol - they are staying like that for the moment :)

+1 ;)

It looks fantastic from a distance though, very nice...

Like the matt black effect on the rear bumper. Did you spray that? If so, what type of paint did you use and how did you prep it?

I've been tempted to do something like that to the AMG bumper on mine but was looking at Matt Vinyl instead of spraying in case I din't like it.

Check my thread from when I got it sprayed:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/bodywork/46864-weekend-mod-c43-rear-bumper.html

I had it done by the bodyshop at no extra cost :bannana:

OEM Xenons and wash wipe sounds like a plan to me:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom