My W203 back from the bodyshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heres a quick pic of my new exhaust system. Apologies about the dirtyness. It was custom made and is very very quiet indeed. This pic was before the trims where adjusted to make perfect. Will take better pics towards the weekend :)

twinexit.jpg

Also click on the link in my sig :)

A fine looking car. Nice work. :)

Thanks guys. I'm tempted to take the badges off but a bit of me likes that people know what the car is and isn't :)

Few more pics of the new custom made exhaust system and H&R springs installed with #4 pad. Still have to finish painting parts of the exhaust.

08082011005.jpg

08082011006.jpg

08082011008.jpg

08082011009.jpg

08082011013.jpg

08082011014.jpg

08082011015.jpg

08082011019.jpg

Still want to get facelift rear lights and perhaps a set of 18s when funds allow. Thanks for looking :)

Another one i found that shows the ride height a little better.

08082011021.jpg

H&R springs are the job, very very compfy and give a reasonable height, not too high and not too low :)

I think leave the badges on!!

It shows a shrewd choice of engine with great taste. Also people may just think you have put "diesel" badges on to throw them off the scent of a "sleeper"

Mind you the 270 CDI is a bit of a sleeper. Stonking engine.

Another one i found that shows the ride height a little better.

08082011021.jpg

H&R springs are the job, very very compfy and give a reasonable height, not too high and not too low :)
What was the part number for the H&R springs you fitted and did you change the dampers? :)

I think leave the badges on!!

It shows a shrewd choice of engine with great taste. Also people may just think you have put "diesel" badges on to throw them off the scent of a "sleeper"

Mind you the 270 CDI is a bit of a sleeper. Stonking engine.

Well said! :thumb: Means I'm not trying to make it something it's not. "Sportpack" kit and a few subtle changes here and there but shes still a DERV :)

DSM10000, I just kept the standard shocks, was going to hold out for a while and then see about changing them. The H&R part number is HR-29392-1. Was quite confusing when ordering them but eventually figured it out :) And 17mm no.4 pad with part number: 210 325 04 84

nice, clean looking car! :)

sure looks the part,very nice motor.:thumb:

Very, very nice!! :thumb:

I may be biased as it's remarkably similar to my car since I fitted my AMG IIIs this morning. ;)

Was bored today so made a new vid.. clicky clicky :) thanks for looking

[YOUTUBE]ZNG4XcSkXBE[/YOUTUBE]

With that kit, wheels, suspension and zaust defo needs a de-badge :thumb: Just doesn't look right some how with the standard badges on :confused: But good that you haven't badged it as something it isn't :thumb:

Wow, im loving the work you have done riceboy, it makes the 270 look like such a subtle beast! Just out of interest, how much did you have to fork out to have kit fitted, and how much was the exhaust system and installation..?

With that kit, wheels, suspension and zaust defo needs a de-badge :thumb: Just doesn't look right some how with the standard badges on :confused: But good that you haven't badged it as something it isn't :thumb:

Thanks :) I keep changing my mind about the badges. Would look nice and clean with out them i guess but there will never be an AMG badge near it. One of my pet hates is seeing Type-R badges on Honda Jazz's and M3 on 318's. :doh:

Wow, im loving the work you have done riceboy, it makes the 270 look like such a subtle beast! Just out of interest, how much did you have to fork out to have kit fitted, and how much was the exhaust system and installation..?

Thanks alot :) The exhaust was £430 with full life time gaurantee. Was custom made for the car. The guy who made it was very good indeed as he had a bit of difficulty getting the trims the way he wanted them and brought it back in a few times untill he was happy.

I'm not sure exactly how much the kit was to fit as i had my grille, spoiler and 3 panels done at the same time and didn't get a break down.

Love it! Exhausts look fantastic! You said custom made, if you don't mind, how much did they cost? I had a double made for my Saab a year or so ago and that cost £120.

Although I'm a fan of de-badging, in your car's case, I would leave the badges on, very subtle and not posing as an AMG. Nice one!

Looks great that, good work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom