My W203 back from the bodyshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks guys. The exhaust was £430 all in including full lifetime gaurantee. There was alot of work involved in getting it to sit right and getting the tips to follow the curve of the bumper :)

Got my grille blacked-out today. What do you guys think? Chrome or black? Few good weather pictures too. Thanks for looking :)

CIMG0162.jpg

CIMG0156.jpg

CIMG0154.jpg

CIMG0153.jpg

CIMG0164.jpg

CIMG0148.jpg

CIMG0150.jpg

CIMG0151.jpg

55% chrome for me.

The black could grow on me though. It takes a while for me to adjust to something "different"

Do you like it?

Thanks guys :)

55% chrome for me.

The black could grow on me though. It takes a while for me to adjust to something "different"

Do you like it?

At the start i was about 60% black 40% chrome but now i really like it. Brings out the star badge much more and i think makes it a little more aggressive.

Thinking of a super glossy black vinyl roof now :dk: might look great but might look kack. Thinking that if its uber shiney it might look like its a factory option. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?? :)

Gloss black roof should look good, could easily change it in photoshop if you want to get an idea of the look?

Gloss black roof should look good, could easily change it in photoshop if you want to get an idea of the look?

I certainly wouldn't say no to that buddy, thank you very much indeed, that's very kind of you :) the images on the previous page are best ones i have, would any of them be suitable?

Here are three pictures of the roof. Ideally I’d need the full resolution pictures to Photoshop but it gives you an idea.

blackroof1.jpg

blackroof2.jpg

blackroof3.jpg

Here’s a quick de badge and wheel change to match the roof:

wheels.jpg

I think the photoshop mods look great, food for thought that's for sure!
smile.gif

That is one nice MB
slayer.gif

Where did you source the expression grille, I'm not sure if I should go for something similar on my CLK 230K (W208) but have some concerns about the quality of some of the products out there, and I'm still not convinced it would suit the car.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this given you've went for it and your car looks fantastic!

Here are three pictures of the roof. Ideally I’d need the full resolution pictures to Photoshop but it gives you an idea.

Here’s a quick de badge and wheel change to match the roof:

Awesome, Thank you very very much!!! You have some skills there!! :thumb:

Definitely owe you some beer tokens for that one buddy. Badly want it done black now and might even be tempted with a bit of de-badging :)

Seriously though, that a extremely fast turn-around for four images.. wow!

LocheeLad said:
I think the photoshop mods look great, food for thought that's for sure!
smile.gif

That is one nice MB
slayer.gif

Where did you source the expression grille, I'm not sure if I should go for something similar on my CLK 230K (W208) but have some concerns about the quality of some of the products out there, and I'm still not convinced it would suit the car.

I'd really appreciate any advice on this given you've went for it and your car looks fantastic!

Thanks very much :) I got it from CKS performance, after shopping around for a while i bit the bullet and just went for it. Couldn't find a grille i realy liked other than this one. The quality of it is very good indeed as it's a genuine CL grille bodged to fit, the only downside being that it came grey and you still have to paint the bit below the actual grille (for the w203 anyway).

Sorry for my ignorance, do expression do one for the w208? have you any pics?

I hate the black roof, please don't.

I really like the look of it. The only thing holding me back is that i don't think i can get the gloss look im after with vinyl and i really don't want to be painting my roof black. I think if it's gloss black it will almost look factory.

looks great:thumb:

Thank you :)

I liked it better badged, but you know that. It just looks like a quick petrol now:ban::devil::D No indication of the thinking man behind it.

Black roof and wheels? They could very easily grow on me. I'm sure some of the "wrap" companies could get you the right black. Do you have any friends in the trucker/van world? They have a varied choice of wraps. Monties or Woodside drivers/depots may be able to help.

Debadged or not, it has to be one of the best sorted 270CDIs out there.

I liked it better badged, but you know that. It just looks like a quick petrol now:ban::devil::D No indication of the thinking man behind it.

Black roof and wheels? They could very easily grow on me. I'm sure some of the "wrap" companies could get you the right black. Do you have any friends in the trucker/van world? They have a varied choice of wraps. Monties or Woodside drivers/depots may be able to help.

Debadged or not, it has to be one of the best sorted 270CDIs out there.

Thanks very much trapper :)

It looks cleaner but i know what you mean, and thats what i was worrying about doing it. I'm about 60-40 in favor of the de-badged look now.

Regarding the trucker/van world i know a few folks in there, have done a bit of casual class-1 driving over the past couple of years so have a few contacts. Also one of my good friends works in a graphics company and does wraps in his own time too. The problem he pointed out is that we mightn't be able to get it overly glossy looking but still could give it a go. I see too many cars about with matt vinyl roofs and don't think it looks good at all while gloss might just give it the factory "panoramic" look.

If I'm doing it it probably won't be for a while anyways. Got a service coming up and would be very tempted with a remap before thinking of any more cosmetic changes.

It does looks better de-badged, best w203 c270 i've seen!

Got the car services today and it feels good :) thinking about getting it booked in for a remap next weekend. Should see 200-205 bhp and a few more mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom