My W210 E430 Sport ... hehe !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLK320

Car
E430 Avantgarde (W210) / CLK320 Avantgarde (W209)
Resize of P1022583.JPG

2002 (Late Model) W210 E430 Sport (plus a few upgrades !!). Violane Metallic. Anthracite Interior.

All the usual specs from MB with some nicer 17" alloys (IMHO!).

Only other 'stock' change I made was the tyres. The stock Continentals are great. But I prefer the softer compound and better grip (and V-V-pattern !!) of the Goodyear Eagle F1's (GSD-3 version); 235/45/17/ZR+ = VEEEEERRRRRRRYYYYY STRRRROONNNG G-FORCES ROUND CORNERS ... hehe !!

Anyway.

Not really a mechanical man myself. More into the gadget side of things ... besides. There isn't much I could do with a stock car like this right? I thought about re-springing it - but that would ruin the legendary MB suspension for no good reason ...

I could chip the car or uprate the engine. But that would seriously void the warranty on a new(-ish!) car. Besides. If I wanted that extra kick it would be better just to get an E55 right ... ?!

Done a little extra work myself ... some ideas guys for upgrades / options ?! ;)

Bluetooth Handsfree Carkit.
(if you are getting one, make sure it is either generic or the Sony Ericsson kit. Apparently the Nokia kit only works with Nokia phones. My Sony Ericsson kit works with both my T68i, 8910 and others ... !!).

Hardwired Charger Cable for Nokia.
(hidden in the glove compartment ... !!).

Cambridge Audio OFC Interconnect Line-In.
(for iPod, iPAQ, MD-LP ... etc. anything can be plugged in now!).

Fibre-optic CD-Changer.

Mercedes APS 30 Navigation System.
(installed discretely in the second DIN slot with the wood-panel preserved !! MB-UK refused to do this for me - they install it by replacing the standard unit and say that you need to take out the NAVI disc to play a CD in the front ... I have now got two head units. The Audio 30 CD plays one CD in the front (those quick-change moments !!), and controls the CDC. The NAVI unit is then free to run what it does best all the time. No fiddling with swapping discs in and out to do different things. Plus theft-protection by hiding it is brilliant. The GPS antenna is hidden discretely under the right-hand dash metal grill (facing sky), and picks up 8-9 satellites on average even on a very cloudy day !!.

==

Okay. Heres the only other thing I might do ...

There are a couple sets of alloys for offer on ebay.co.uk.

I have had this car for over 18 months now. Hence getting itchy to spend some money on it again ...

Suggestions about these links please ... ?! Anyone know if they'll fit without rolling out the wheels? Or would it just look silly? There are a couple ... there's even the "E-class" monoblock II patterns ...

18" SL55 AMG Multispokes

18" SL55 AMG Twin-Spokes

18" SL55 AMG Twin-Spokes

Okay. So maybe the three sets above may be OTT for my car.

But how about these ??

18" CLK AMG Monoblocks

18" E-Class AMG Monoblock IIs

I think my personal favourite and the best match would be the last set. What do you think?

Also. Guys. I need some advice about where the best place is, to get parts like the chromed SLK gear-surround for my car ... ??

I think that is the only other things that I would like to upgrade ... ... for the time being !?!?!?!

Kind regards. Am new here. Advice and information much welcomed.

Chris.//

I am going to copy this post in general discussion as only moderators can reply here!

Hello Mercman

That car must fly. I have a preface lift E320 and they look fab with the AMG alloys on and AMG b/kit. Having said that I love the new AMG alloys they would look a million dollars (AMG twin spokes).
Enjoy the motor.

Cheers
Ian

Was that picture taken at Mercedes-Benz of Kettering? Looks just like their car park.

Nice car.

I have a W210 with 18 AMG's fitted from new and the car has the "body modifications for AMG" option listed on its option-list card thingy. So I guess that means you will need to get the arches rolled to fit 18 inchers -or put up with a bit of rubbing

I reckon you should keep to original look, or try here:

Brabus alloy selector

lots of fun.

my last comment is that the flat 18 AMG alloys are very easy to kerb because the tyre profile is so low.

Good point about the 18" and kerbing. Its been a while since I drove a car shod in 18" alloys.

They need a lotta TLC when parallel parking (!!).

I figured I would need to roll the arches. The current 7.5 alloys fill the arches fairly well. There is very little to play for. To go for 8.0's, I suspect it might rub particularly when going over speed bumps etc.

Might just live with the 'stock' look for now. I always figured MB's looked better in factory spec - not much of a "boy-racer's" car really.

Should've gone with (dare I say it here ... !?), BMW if I'd wanted to play 'swap the alloys' every weekend. Hehe.

By the way. Anybody ever explain on this board what BMW is "really" supposed to mean ?? ... ... ...

Hehe. Bloody Money Wasted of course ... !! Chat soon guys. Am new to the forum. Found it interesting to read up on stuff here.

Regarding it "flying" ...

Yes it does overtake a fair few things on the road ... hehe.

But an 5.5l V8 from AMG would be faster, and make a nicer sound. Anyone heard an SL55 accelerate past recently !? Love that noise as it opens up ... !?

Unfortunately I will probably do the sensible thing ... and switch for the new SL350 when it is available ... still thinking. Its a more sensible engine really ... should be powerful enough with a 3.7l power plant right?

Heart says SL55 with full trimming and custom colours.

Head says SL350 and save/invest the rest ... right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom