My W211 gone.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

camerafodder

MB Enthusiast
Car
VW Touareg R-line Tech, Toyota IQ2
Waved bye bye to it yesterday. I did nearly 100,000 miles in it and I can safely say that its the best car I've ever had. I would have kept it but needs must when the devil drives. I'll be in small van land now for a few months. I still have the Unimog though so can I stay please? :)

Just don't buy a caravan.

A Mog (be it Morgan or Uni) is a qualification beyond quibble.

Under no circumstances buy a caravan, and tow it with a BMW

Good Luck with the new wheels. Dont forget to point them in a southerly direction now and again. Its been too long buddy. My wheels have been known to go North now and again!

Even if you get a push bike you are welome here always.

I thought the whole point of a Unimog is that you didn't need to ponce around waiting for permission from anybody for anything.

You just "arrive" (be it through a brick wall, across a raging river, up an insurmountable climb) with the words "you don't mind if I join you, do you" and a satisfied grin.

We could have a collective gathering of S211's to give your car a send-off befitting it's status as the best Mercedes of the last 20 years.

I know how you feel. My E220CDi goes next week, will have driven about 302k miles out of a total 312k by the time it goes with no major issues at all.

Got a 6 month old replacement to look forward to though :)

Good Luck with the new wheels. Dont forget to point them in a southerly direction now and again. Its been too long buddy. My wheels have been known to go North now and again!

Even if you get a push bike you are welcome here always.
Same sentiments from me also. At least it was well serviced :D

I know how you feel. My E220CDi goes next week, will have driven about 302k miles out of a total 312k by the time it goes with no major issues at all.

Got a 6 month old replacement to look forward to though :)

Take it you used it as a mini cab day and night?

Good cars, I had one, was brilliant.

Take it you used it as a mini cab day and night?

Good cars, I had one, was brilliant.

A bit more up market, I run my own Chauffeur business :)

It does seem to me that 211s are better for being driven - those who do low mileages seem to have more frequent problems... I miss my 211 too.

It does seem to me that 211s are better for being driven - those who do low mileages seem to have more frequent problems... I miss my 211 too.

I agree with this. My last 211 did over 300k as well in just over 3 years, again with no major issues at all. I just hope the new one will be as reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom