My W221 S500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauls500

Car
s500
Hello all, new member here. Thought I would share a few photos of my new S.
It’s a 2006 500 with a touch over 70k, really good spec for a swb with just about everything apart from night vision, I’ve already worked through a few of the standard niggles and the HK amp is currently being repaired ( of course it is !), anyway I shall enjoy reading some threads and seeing some other great cars. Cheers. Paul.
full
full

full

full

Very nice car!
I too have a W221 S class ( S600 ) and they are such a great car to drive, very smooth. They still look good today. I think they've aged very well

Thank you all for your kind comments, yes it’s a great car to drive or ‘waft’ as I call it, I’m losing a small amount of comfort with the 20 inch alloys on but they look so damn cool I don’t care !. I can imagine the fuel consumption on the 600 is terrifying.

Well this is something to strike fear into the heart of any 221 owner, the dreaded Harmon Kardon logic 7 amplifier. It can’t be replaced with anything else, it’s flaky to say the least, it’s extremely expensive to repair and it’s located in a place that’s prone to water drips, all good fun !. I refitted mine this morning after a very professional but wallet emptying experience getting a new motor control board and other bits replaced. I noticed the rear light gasket was shot while I was in there so I’ve ordered a new one from Mercedes.

full

full

full

full

Great Car! Im a W221 driver too but dreaded the V8 fuel bills as I can end up doing some 30K per year, when everyone isn't hiding at home due to Covid!! I went S320 LWB for the engine.
I have HK 7 and think i may have a peek at the Amp and check for any water ingress!!

Great Car! Im a W221 driver too but dreaded the V8 fuel bills as I can end up doing some 30K per year, when everyone isn't hiding at home due to Covid!! I went S320 LWB for the engine.
I have HK 7 and think i may have a peek at the Amp and check for any water ingress!!
It’s well worth taking the rear lights out and checking the gaskets, they are only £11 a side from Mercedes. I’m lucky enough to have a company car for daily duties, my 2 year old focus diesel already has 90k on it !.

I have 2008 221 500L which i picked up from the Factory. It's done 176,000 miles and still pulls like a train.

Another couple of common 221 faults rectified. I’ve replaced the armrest rear locking lid handle with a cheap eBay job, this is a pretty useless design all round and guaranteed to fail at some point. Also refitted the electric height adjustable seat belt cables, a properly fiddly job that involved cramming myself into a space not fit for a man of my age.
full

full

0b61b749-a3c2-4678

That Poor Boys Black Hole is good stuff.
I use it on my Obsidian Black E class followed by a coat of Bilt Hamber double speed wax.

That Poor Boys Black Hole is good stuff.
I use it on my Obsidian Black E class followed by a coat of Bilt Hamber double speed wax.
I’ve got some nattys to try on it next time, the black hole is fantastic stuff, definitely the best for a dark car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom